Help!!!!!!

C

Coffey

Ok guys hopefully some one can help me. Basically last night my driverside door decided it didnt want to open so I had to get out the passanger door. I have a clifford alarm and when I press the button can hear the central locking working and even when i try opening it by just using the key you can hear it trying to do something but it just wont open :( I would take the door card off and have a look but i cant as the bolts are hidden when the door is shut :(

Please can someone help as really dont know what to do.

Dan

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
My Drivers Door used to do the same with that Clifford Solenoid on freezing cold days.. Was fine once it had de-iced itself..

C

Coffey

lol thanks for that :) it can be to do with the solenoid in cold weather as its bloody boiling here lol. Its really annoying cause I have to keep climbing out of my passanger door is well embarassing lol. I rang some locksmiths and they all say they cant help who else am i suppose to ring if a locksmith cant help me lol.

C

Coffey

Na mate that doesnt work either i think the little bit that pushes up the lock must be buggered but there is no way I can get to it :( So stuck with what to do have no idea how im going to fix it. Grr

John

The only thing I can think of is cutting into your door card to see what the problem is. Yes this will ruin your door card but you can always get a new one and atleast you will able to fix whatevers wrong with the door, or atleast be able to get it open so someone else can!

C

Coffey

Yea I think this is going to be my only option now as have been to several different garages and body shops and its basically ruin the door card or dril the lock and door card would be cheaper so will have to do that which sucks.

steve963

take the passanger door card off, to see if you can use a wire down the side of the window, the try to do the same on drivers side????

P

pulsarboby

if you get the window down this will then give you good access to the lock mechanism (with a coat hanger) make the end into a hook and just fish down there to pull the catch up on lock unit itself, you will then be able to open door.
is far easier with window down as you can then see what your doing as opposed to aimless fishing!