Help!

J

jaspz

Hi all,

doin this on behave of me garage blokie, have few things changed recently, 3" downpipe, 3" mongoose cat back, 800 Sard injectors, altenator, had the turbo removed and refitted (New turbo bought in error)

Basically went there today to get it back started it up, nice ploom of Blue/Black smoke:doh: plus fair bit of water and sounding like shes missing, idled fine tho, then I could only rev to 2k noticed the light to the right of the engine check had come on.....any ideas for that lot?...I gather the Black smoke is over fueling which would be about right given I've gone from 444 to 800...

also question from myself the adjuster screws below the injectors, what they for?

Thanx in advance guyz

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Russ'R

Thats what I was going to say..are you running the standard ecu..why have you gone for the upgrade?

P

pulsarboby

i suggest you bin the garage blokie and get someone who knows what there doing:doh:

DannyGTI-R

If there is no managment fitted or any sort of fuel controler it will be running far to rich and you will get bore wash if you drive it........Not good. Your car will be running twice as much fuel as it needs.

The small adjustment screw is to balance the throttle bodies dont touch....! unless you know what your doing.

P

pulsarboby

hiya danny, just seeing your post has reminded me i never got back to you regarding exhaust:oops: did you get one sorted? my appologies!

sorry for butting in on the thread!

DannyGTI-R

All sorted thanks Bob, flew through its mot.

Sorry back to the thread - If I was you I would get them injectors out asap......

J

jaspz

Was gonna do the management when I got the motor back but I assumed it would be alright ie run pretty much standard even tho the upgrades,

Does all this cover everything the car is doing? missing etc ? and yeah needs to goto someone who knows what they are doing anyone know any places to take it near/around bristol?

O

Odin

jaspz said:
Was gonna do the management when I got the motor back but I assumed it would be alright ie run pretty much standard even tho the upgrades,

You pratt :doh: :roll: .

You can't just stick 800cc injectors in and expect it to work :der: , You need the management first you Muppet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

That them out and refit the 444cc injectors until the new management is fitted.

Rob

KF79GTIR

Right thats it am going out later gonna find the biggest turbo i can bolt it on with whatever and gonna p!ss over anyone who trys to race me and every thing else will be fine and it will need no other mods...
Maybe you should try the moddimongs site mate... :pound: :fencing::crazy:

O

Odin

KF79GTIR said:
Maybe you should try the moddimongs site mate... :pound: :fencing::crazy:

As it happens he is a member of the other fine intellectual site :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

J

jaspz

Alright Alright ya can stop taking the michael now :p, motor wasnt gonna be run anywhere til the management was gonna be fitted just needed to make sure there wasnt anything else it could be

LOL!...hopefully got the management sorted anyway,

Keira

I have read some stupid shite on here in my time but i didn't actually think that i'd look at this thread again to see that the answer to my question would be a 'YES' and someone had actually gone and fitted injectors almost twice the size of the standard ones and expected the car to run normally with no managment upgrades whatsoever :shock: :der: :lol:

lets hope you havn't washed the bores and are now in need of strip down

im actually gobsmacked :shock:

P

pulsarboby

im gonna stick up for mr jasper:-D

not everyone on here as the benefit of knowledge or is a mechanic:roll: thats why he took car in to a so called garage to have work carried out and parts fitted!

the guilty party here, is the prick who done the work for him and took his hard earned cash!
the bloke obviously has'nt got a clue what hes talking about or what hes doing, and he is lucky that he isnt needing a new lump from his shoddy workmanship and lack of knowledge! bore wash is a very bad thing and can destroy an engine in no time at all!

if i were you mr jasper i would get the car out of that shite hole asap, before this idiot can cause any further damage to your car.

and why are you asking questions on his behalf?:shock: i wouldnt trust the bloke with a pushbike let alone a car:doh: