Help!

S

samellio

Got my camber etc set today and have found the following:
need a new steering rack :cry:
whiteline antilift kit is gubbed after only about 5-6months and apparently fitted the wrong way round :?
bushes at front of wishbone are also knacked..

I would almost be really pissed off but i think i've finally found out why my car eats its tyres and handles not much better than my shitroen zantia :wink:

Firstly is it best to just get a new rack from nissan and how much should i pay?
Secondly was told nissan bushes last the longest so is it worth getting 2 new wishbones(nissan only sell the complete wishbone) or trying to find aftermarket replacement bushes and a new antilift kit?? Also anyone know what i might pay for a wishbone?
Finally can anyone suggest someone to get the parts quick..

Many thanks :wink:
Sam

stugtir

I think your find the wishbones from nissan are over £100 each :shock:

your be better off just getting uprated bushes for them, i think ashills sells them!? :?

as for the steering rack u might be able to send it off for a rebuild? be prepared to sell a kidney if you buy one from nissan! :shock:

stu

S

samellio

Cheers :wink:
Anyone got an idea of what nissan should charge for a rack?? It's only about £75 for a recon..

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Where did you get your car checked out?

I have to admit, I thought the whiteline bushes seemed quite soft when I fitted my anti lift kit. I even wondered if I was doing the right thing as the std ones seemed solid before I hacked them off:?

S

samellio

A place that does rally prep etc.. Was told the uprated bushes are better for being solid but far worse for longevity.. I told the guy what i use my car for and he said it would be better going for nissan stuff as it lasts longer..

A

ard1ey

Parts dept at my local Nissan said £700-odd for the rack and they don't keep them, surprisingly :D
Is that £75 for a proper recon of the 'R rack, or just a general price?

S

samellio

£700 :shock: -fookinell that's dear :!:
£75 is just what someone said is the usual for most cars...

A

ard1ey

Yeah, he did tell me to hold onto the counter :D

Recon could be difficult because the 'R has a different rack to other Sunnys. I 'spose it depends whats worn tho :?: