HELP!!!

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,

I urgently need some info on aircon for my R. It has been in the workshop now for a week, and still hasn't been fixed yet - i'm beginning to panic.

The problem is this - i put the aircon back in took it to Natrad to get it retro gassed, which went without a hitch, except that there is a power problem that stops the compressor and fans from comming on and the idle increasing. The aircon light comes on, you can hear the relay under the dash click, the blower fan comes on, but nothing else is happening. If you ground/short the relay under the bonnet the compressor clutch engages.

If anyone has any info at all about the wiring, whether it is the same as a standard N14 or not, any diagrams, troubleshoots etc from a manual they could e-mil to me, i would be most greatful. I need the info urgently as i haven't had the car for a week now.

Anyone in Canberra that has working climate control that could help me out or compare cars to find the fault would be appreciated.

Any info would be great,
Thanx
Kevin.

G

gtir4u2nv

i know this might sound funny but are you sure the system is fully gassed i worked for volvo for 6 years and when system is out of gas they do the same you sure you havent got any leaks and when you put the gas in its come straight back out somewhere try filling it with dye and check

A

Anonymous

Thanx for your help guys, I would expect they would have checked that as it is the same place where it was gassed in the first place.
Yes they did put a dye into it to make it noticeable if it was leaking somewhere.

I'm hoping their techo is smart enough to check the pressure switch, although he is a bit hessitant because it's an import.

I have a set of technical diagnostics and troubleshooters, as well as a detailed circuit diagram on the way from Sydney. Hopefully this will clear things up.

Kevin.

A

Anonymous

Where abouts would the pressure sensor be located?? Is it on the dryer or in under the dash somewhere??

Kevin.

A

Anonymous

If you have the full climate control system,I think that you have to have the recerc button on the unit pressed in as well as the blue button or it wont work :wink:

A

Anonymous

If you have the full climate control system,I think that you have to have the recerc button on the unit pressed in as well as the blue button or it wont work :wink: