Help with reajusting my dials.

L

LoXy

Hi there, after 5 long months of owning an R and having it off raod i finally got it to run on friday. It runs smooth and i really enjoy driving it. While it was off-raod i changed my normal dials to white dials. The problem is i had to take the needle out and it went out of the spindle. Now my readings are all inaccurate. I would like to ask if someone can take a picture of all the dials an R has so i can adjust my dials to those positions that they ment to be at.

It has to have a topmount and no oilcooler fitted since it would affect the reading. My R is standart and i need the readings of an standart R.

The pictures has to be taken when the R is on normal running temperature and it has to be in the idle position. I hope 1 of you guys can do me this BIG favour, i will really appreciate it.

Thank you.

MarkTurbo

LoXy said:
The pictures has to be taken when the R is on normal running temperature and it has to be in the idle position.
Even if you do this theres no gurantee it will be right :wink:

L

LoXy

i know mark, but i need to take the risk, i dont know any other way to get the correct readings :(

mattygti-r

readings well temp is middle of the guage (water) oil sits at 80 degrees, boost is well in vac, oil pressure just around 3 and abit, idle at 950

petrol empty lol

L

LoXy

wuts urs idle at mark?
my one idles at 1400 but i dont even know if dats the correct reading lol.

Nightmare job :(
For the rev's you can use a timin gun that displays rpm :wink:
Speedo, best to use summin that reads gps (like roadangel) but bit dangerous tryin to get the needle in the right place while drivin.

K

kizzyturbo4x4

its meant to be 850+-50 :wink:
according to manuals
but with free breath (ie filter and exhaust) itll be closer to 950-1000rpm.

and if u dont know, there is a adjusting screw next to the throttlesensor just under the intake(its in the intake but under there) :wink:
tuned mine as low as i could and ended at about 850-900rpm idle.

L

LoXy

i will post up a pic of my guages and let you guys see what i need to adjust. oil temp 80 degress, but my one dont have numbers on it.
ill post some pics tomorrow.