Help with engine removal

fil_gtir

After having no luck finding anyone who is willing to fix my input shaft bearing for a reasonable cost, I am now having to resort to doing it myself, prob over a month.

However this will be my first ever engine removal and have a few basic questions to start with,
1 Does the the aircon have to be removed separately, or can i remove it complete without losing the gas.
2 Does the engine have to be lowered and car raised, or can i lift the engine out the top.

Also if anyone could point me in the direction of any trouble spots i would appreciate it.

Cheers

Phil

PS Does anyone know if it is possible to change the input shaft bearing using the engine lowered slightly but in situ method?

J

jasegould

My aircon was kaput so I just undid the pipes. Theres 2 ways to do it, either leave the aircon connected, remove the pump from the engine and leave it in the car when u drop the lump or release the gas (***Illegal***) and undo the pipes, but you will have to regas it afterwards and you might find that this may cause other problems when you regas it...ie sealing of the pipes, moisture ingress.

I think the best way to do it is to raise the car and lower the lump down onto the floor, the major prob is getting the car high enough. You dont have to get it so the engine will slide out, just high enough so you can get the lump on the floor and be able to work around it. I dont think it will come out the top coz of the box( :?: )