Help.!!!!!!!!! Urgent.!!!!!

J

justin666

Mods.. Can you please leave this here for a few hours so I can get max coverage!!!!

My car has just died.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock:

OK.. Just swapped over My ECU to another standard ECU to check it worked ready for my Daughter board experiment. Anyway, Plugged in new ECU and the car started fine. Was ticking over nicely and then it just cut out :shock: Tried to fire it again and nothing:cry: :cry:

Switched back over to my normal ECU and it still wont fire. Fault code checked it and its showing 3 long, 3 long, 4 quick. Ive searched but cant seem to find the full list of fault codes anywhere now.!!! Any ideas.???

WTF has happend.!!!! Did a check only last week and it came up 55!!!!

Help.

J.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

justin666

Confuse issues even more.

Just put the new ECU in, ignition on, did fault code check and it came out 55.!!!!!! Tried to start it and nothing :cry:

Repeated Fault code check and got 2 long 1 short.!!!!

WTF IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.

J

justin666

Were ECU's ever different depending on the year of the car..????

My point being..

This is my ECU..

And this is the ECU ive just bought.

The newer one appears to have some kinda extra board already in it!!! The two chips have USROM RNN14 written on them in pencil... Whats goin on here.!!

J.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
This is the one that i recently sent out isn't it..?

ECU will be fine just looks like it has a ROM chip fitted... I do have another one spare aswell if you need...? Didn't realise that one of them had a ROM Chip fitted...

I've no idea of fault codes though...

Let me know mate...

Rishi

oldaneal

hi the 34 fault code is the Det sensor and the 12 is Air Flow Meter, wouldnt have thought either would stop the car from starting

J

justin666

Small update. Im now pretty sure its down to a loose wire for the ignition or fuel circuits in the wiring loom by the ECU. When I took my unichip out I had to solder quite a few wires together so im guessing that when ive been swapping ECU's i may have just knocked one loose. Im not sure either why im gettin the knock sensor error code but i will just ignore that one for now and concentrate on the ignition and fueling side of things.

Gonna check fuel and spark later as well as the loom itself. Also gonna order a new coil and Ign Module as this seems like a good excuse to finially replace them. Dizzy cap, rota, leads and plugs are all relatively new but i will check them over anyway.

Im not quite so worried at the mo as thinking about it i cant see it being anything to serious. Plus, As my car is currently minus alot of panels due to a trip to the body shop it was off the road anyway. Panic just set in yesterday tho as its never done anythin like this before.

Thanks for the advice tho Dave :) Also, thanks to Rishi for his help Via PM :)

J.

J

justin666

Its official.....

Im a blithering IDIOT.!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Nothing wrong with the car at all..!!!! Just my shoddy workmanship.

You know the connector block that connects the loom into the ECU?? Well theres a bolt through that which holds the connector to the pins on the ECU. Well apparently that bolt has to be done up more than finger tight :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Please let the pi55 taken commence!!!!!

At the end of all that panic tho im happy that the car runs sweet as a nut and it was only my stupidity that stopped it workin. :-D :-D :lol:

Thanks again to the TWO people that tried to help out;-) Rishi, That ECU is sweet so thanks again :-D

J.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
justin666 said:
Its official.....

Im a blithering IDIOT.!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Nothing wrong with the car at all..!!!! Just my shoddy workmanship.

You know the connector block that connects the loom into the ECU?? Well theres a bolt through that which holds the connector to the pins on the ECU. Well apparently that bolt has to be done up more than finger tight :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

At the end of all that panic tho im happy that the car runs sweet as a nut and it was only my stupidity that stopped it workin. :-D :-D :lol:

Thanks again to the TWO people that tried to help out;-) Rishi, That ECU is sweet so thanks again :-D

J.
You knobber!... :lol:

You're welcome by the way... ;-)

Rishi

MarkTurbo

justin666 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: