help required with advise and wiring diagrams

C

CHRIS_2010

wiring diagrams required ..

still havnt sorted my car of its running like poo and cutting out on boost ,even after takin it 2 a local tuner, they told me it was an engine ecu, so i went out boughtone and guess what no difference :doh: , so now im after the wiring diagram so i can check the continuity from the ecu to the various sensors.

i paid the tuner to diagnose the car and thats what they told me it was engine ecu, if i was to take the vehicle back do u think id have to pay yet more money out for them to check and diagnose further,

chris.

C

CHRIS_2010

nope but i had problems before with it, the screw in the centre came loose but then it was fine ,

Fusion Ed

Can you be more descriptive? It cuts out on boost, does it cut out at a fixed rpm or random or is it totally boost related? Where are you ? Do you have anyone local with a Consult reader?

Ed

C

CHRIS_2010

basically its when u floor it , the boost goes up to about .4bar then the car cuts,its been on the consult, apparently at the tps the ecu is putting out 4volts all the time to the multiplug regardless of weather the tps is connected or not, so i was advised to fit a new ecu , so idid but fault is still there

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
ECU Diagram

Does that help?

On my PC it's 378K, it seems to have uploaded at over 2M, so download it to your pc and see if it's any good, I may have to delete it shortly.

PS sounds like a boost leak somewhere.

C

CHRIS_2010

that is a big help,thank you, does anyone know where i can get a decent full workshop manaul on cd? as this would help me no end in the future

chris

has anyone on here had the same issuses as me gettin a constant 4volt at the tps multiplug

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
According to the manual, you should have a 5V power supply at the TPS, and the ECU should see 0.45-0.55V throttle closed and approx 4v throttle fully open.

C

CHRIS_2010

after checkin continuities, for the tps they are all correct,however ive done a check on my tps and the results are as follows ,,

with sensor disconnected from rest of loom

closed throttle= 11.3 kohms

open throttle= 5.4kohms

does anyone think that this readings are very odd, because i went by the values told on another post that

open should be about

closed 2kohm
open 11kohm

so im hopeing a tps will fix it

chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Fusion Ed

it depends how the tps is set. You wont get the full sweep from the throttle, as it only rotates about 90 deg. Or did you remove it for the test? you need to really read the voltages anyway. If the sweep from 5.4 to 11.3 was smooth then it will be fine.

C

CHRIS_2010

but surely if its is completly the wrong value 2 how it should be , its faulty,ive put a new ecu on it, checked continuity 2 the tps from the ecu, the only part to suggest a fault is the tps