Help please, what are these?

P

papdog

Don't know what the 2nd two are for, but I am pretty sure that they connect up underneath the inlet IIRC.

Graham

R

ryan_george

i'm probably going to sound really stupid now, but what is IIRC?

R

ryan_george

its okay i googled it and know now that it means if i remember correctly, not some technical term...

nitrosgti-r

the purple one! yeah i think the go inder the inlet. no 2 are the same fit so i think you'll just have to fiddle them on??

Hope im right and i hope that helped

woo

R

ryan_george

yeah but i can't find anything that they plug into, i can understand that the only two that can change are the CAS and the one that clips to the gearbox.
i can't see anything that they should plug into...

P

papdog

It took me ages when I put my engine back in to remember where everything went but as said above, everything only goes in one place and the colours do match up. I think the purple one goes onto something on the A frame that goes down behind the inlet, just can't remember what!

Graham

O

Odin

There's only two plug's the same on the whole engine as far as I know fella, And they are the gear box reverse switch and the resistor before the dizzy.

Rob

R

ryan_george

yeah i've got those sorted but am unsure of these ones, looked solidly for about 2 hours, i don't have anything for these to plug into. This is why i think that i maybe missing a piece of loom, along with the ignition amplifier.

azboy

the first pict is for the knock sensor mate as it only has 1 pin on the plug and if i remember right there is a plug right under neath the inlet opposite side to the master, i had trouble finding it with the engine out, best to get a small mirror and have a good look round the under the manifold im sure that it was under neath the tps sensor about 2 inches inwards the the centre of the engine hope this helps m8,

R

ryan_george

i'd of thought that they both did because they don't have a big distance between them so must be quite close together.

GTIR-LOZ

the purple and brown plugs go to the idle control valves the brown one onto the brown plug and the purple one onto the purple plug:roll: or easier way the puple one to the long cylinder ficd and the brown one underneath it to the short cylinder the first plug is prob for the iac the valve behind the cylinder head thats squeezed between the head and the support frame for the inlet

R

ryan_george

okay so what is the long cylinder and what is the short cylinder from the quote above? excuse my lack of knowledge...