HELP PLEASE - Need a tech head!!

J

Jack Bauer

Hi.. I probably don't need a tech head, but thought I would ask for one!! :?

I am trying to replace my fuel pump, and I have lifted the carpet in the boot and took a metal cover off what I thought was the Fuel pump housing?? I have sketched a crap drawing on the computer - See below - But cannot seem to find the fuel pump or how to get any further taking things apart - What I can see is below

If anyone could throw any light on the subject it would be appreciated??

J

Jack Bauer

Thanks

Thanks :? - I managed to find the pump, but have been stumped on getting it out the tank!! So thanks again!! :wink:

J

Jack Bauer

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the help...

After I had actually thought about it, it was not that difficult!! I reckon I must have been off my tits from the petrol :lol: :lol:

Just for everyones reference, and if you are going to do a swap yourself. The top part of the cage that the fuel pump is held in the tank, slides off away from from you - And the bottom part slides towards you. :lol:

A

Anonymous

you have to put your hand in and feal for it you have to do it blind
have fun :lol:

J

J-GTi-R

Glad you found it easy, any more hints or tips?

Just I have to do mine before Saturday... 8)

A

AJ4

Heres a small hint and tip - if you are cutting the original wires to join with the wiring for a new pump, you better make damn sure that whatever connector you use is petrol-proof :D Some of the cheapy white scotchlock types aren't and melt.

Just to be on the safe side, I cut my wires at unequal lengths, so even if all the plastic melts off the connectors then the wires shouldn't short out ( not good in a tank full of petrol fumes :D:D:D )

J

J-GTi-R

I have a better one... don't lose the f**king fitting kit!! Grrr...