Help Paint codes

• Thread starter Little Miss Road Rage
  • Start date
L

Little Miss Road Rage

I have an ivory R paint code KJ7 but this code relates to a grey colour and we have spoken to our mate at nissan and all codes starting with K are grey. The import colour codes are different to the english colours. The man at Nissan can get the jap colours up but its all in Jap and we can't read Jap. Has anyone with an ivory R managed to get some paint the right colour?

L

Little Miss Road Rage

In all the paint catalogues the colour KJ7 is a light greeny grey. I have seen the colour chip and held it against my car and its miles off. All nissan codes over here that start with the K are on the grey scale. The import codes are different.

I zoomed in on the pic Matty but its too blurry I would need to borrow your specs lol.

I just need a code that matches my car aaargh stressed now.

Might have to go through loadsa paint chips till I find something close. As its old there might not be a paint chip.

mattygti-r

maybe your car wasnt black to start with?

LMRR ther are the paint codes on here for the uk paint codes i think

i only have the import ones

L

Little Miss Road Rage

Can't find it on here Matty. Do u think Dulux'll match it? I'll take my spoiler in lol

L

Little Miss Road Rage

Why do my replies keep going on twice I only click it once? The forums a bit slow too.

I've emailed Nissan but doubt if I'll get a reply. We'll see

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Little Miss Road Rage said:
PM me your chassis number and I'll see what it says.
KJ7 should be ivory solid

L

Little Miss Road Rage

Fast Guy said:
Little Miss Road Rage said:
PM me your chassis number and I'll see what it says.
KJ7 should be ivory solid

The code is KJ7 but no paint supplier or nissan have it listed as ivory its a greeny grey colour!! Thats my problem

MarkTurbo

mattygti-r said:
i think your nissan dealer is wrong :wink:
I reckon you might be right there :wink:

When it comes to Gti-r's Nissan dealers are the most useless, uncooperative bunch of to55ers you could ever have the misfortune to come across :roll:

And thats being nice to them :lol:

L

Little Miss Road Rage

My nissan dealers always great Adis known him for years. Talking to a guy today and he works at Nissan so I've given him my details and hopefully he'll find something out for me

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I got my paint codes off the European version of Nissan Fast and that's where you find the Gtir. Just get him to search the N14 model and check the NFA090 abrreviations for colours (the LN button 3rd from the right)

I went to a local paint supplier the other day and quoted my paint code (KJ7). The swatch he came back with was grey :?

Nissan code KJ7 is a different colour in the UK / Europe seemingly...

L

Little Miss Road Rage

Looks like I'm gonna have to go through loadsa paint chips till I find a close match. I'll remember the colour then and post it on here just in case theres any probs.

L

Little Miss Road Rage

Nissan replyed to my email but they can't help cause its an import.