help - no power to fuel pump

Jonnie R

Can anyone suggest what to try next?

Car was ticking over on drive and cut out, tried to restart but was acting as if imobiliser had kicked in so locked it and reopened the car and but the fuel pump was not priming. Locked and reopened a few more times and started no probs. Thort nothing of it.

Took it round the block came home and switched to car off and now the problem is constant. Fuel pump is not priming on ignition.

Things tried so far.
fuses all ok
Relay by-passed but still nothing
Immobiliser by-passed but still nothing

Apart from delving into the loom is there anything else it could be?

No power appears to be getting to the relay so am thinking problem must be between ingnition and relay.

Relay was bypassed by sticking a wire between terminal numbers 3 and 5.

At a loss

Jonnie R

To be fair i got the RAC to bypass the immobiliser and not sure he knew feck all. Reconnected, take the keys out the ignition and dash lights stay on... Muppet.

Auto electician time i reckon

oldaneal

when mine did that it was the wires to the loom from the dizzy, if I moved them as it was running would stutter and try and cut out

chrism

Straight off the bat it sounds like an earth problem to me. However, you need a multimeter to check theres voltage to the relay within the pump supply circuit. If there is and then you bridge it and it still doesnt go then theres an earth problem. You also need to check theres voltage to the coil. Put the multimeter between the coil supply in and a good earth and get someone to turn the car over and there should be 12v. Its tricky trying to explain what you should do with an electricla fault. Hope Ive not messed your head up even more.