help needed

G

gfunk

i have the willwood four pots and i read that if you take out fuse for abs the brakes work better does anyone know if this is true thanks in advance G :D

G

gfunk

mine work well its just i heard that they work better with abs disconnected cheers G

skiddusmarkus

All brakes work better with ABS disconnected if you are a capable braker.If you can brake hard without locking up then you will stop quicker than with ABS fitted as it's reducing the pressure on the pads.
For most people and in our climate you're best of keeping it as it's intended though as it can save your a$$.

A

AJ4

I'd agree with that... Have got Wilwoods & ABS, works fine. Only once ever stamped hard enough to get the ABS working, but glad it did because I would easily have slid and crashed if it hadn't...

I'd never rely on ABS but its handy having it when suffering from 'driver error' he he :D

G

gfunk

brakes

so in practise the car will brake better with abs disconnected if i am up to the job of handling car . if so which fuse is it as i hate the abs it is always cutting in when i am driving hard and i get real feed back from the pedal . i am not saying the brakes are bad just that abs cutting in takes my mind of the job in hand ,,driving hard cheers again G

A

AJ4

I can't say I've ever had a problem with the abs coming on when I didnt want it. The only time its ever happened is when some tw@t pulled out in front of me on a slippy road and I had to do an emergency stop ( and I mean real emergency stop, not just a hard brake ). Thats the only time I've ever noticed it, and luckily it worked or I would have got stacked.

I know some of the 'experienced' drivers might start banging on about driver skill, cadence braking etc etc but when the poo hits the fan, everyone sticks their foot to the floor. If it wasn't for ABS.... :D

Personally, if you honestly think it will make you brake better or you've been having problems with it, then disconnect it. But if its a case of 'my mate down the pub said....' then I think I'd leave it on, just in case ;)

G

gfunk

brakes

thanks for your replys i will give it a go :roll: probably post later on the i have crashed my car section :shock: :D