help needed please re-bearings

bestgtir

hi im in the process of rebuilding my engine as i detonated my last 1 :doh:....... so far ive bought sum pistons 87mm hks from hiteq but im after a bearing kit and hiteq only sell standard 1s..... ive been told that standard 1s are jus as good but if you had seen my last 1s i took out i wouldnt agree lolx so im after some up rated bearings plz any1?

O

Odin

I was tempted to delete this thread because (a) it was in the wrong section and (B) It's written in chav speak :doh: :roll: .

To Answer your question mate you can buy race bearing sets from Agra in Dundee (do a google search), And you must of been mad buying those pistons from Hiteq :doh: how much did they sting you for them ?, I got the same pistons delivered from Japan for £450.

In future please use the Queen's Language when on this forum otherwise I'll delete it :roll: .

Rob

EVOBAD

these boys at hitec norris designs etc must be laughing u could of had everthing to rebuild your engine for the price they sell pistons ,i supose u hav to learn the hard way:der: never buy anything from uk tuners ask on the forum first ul get the best prices & save £££££££££££££££££££:-D :-D

J

jpward

bestgtir said:
hi im in the process of rebuilding my engine as i detonated my last 1 :doh:....... so far ive bought sum pistons 87mm hks from hiteq but im after a bearing kit and hiteq only sell standard 1s..... ive been told that standard 1s are jus as good but if you had seen my last 1s i took out i wouldnt agree lolx so im after some up rated bearings plz any1?
Do you know what sizes your require?

http://stores.ebay.com/Erics-Performance-Parts
ericsperformanceparts@gmail.com

Eric should have ACL's in stock for most sizes ;-)

bestgtir

sorry rob i was at work so i get my little bro to put up posts for me.hes only 13 and used to txting on the phone lol

anyway i ordered the pistons of hiteq £716.11.well after hiteq taking the p*ss ive took a full refund of them and bought another engine with brand new hks pistons 87mm everything is still in the packets the only thing the engine dont come with is conrods ond crank and crank bearings for £500 the lot.so all i need now is a oil pump crank bearings and gaskets. i dont mind paying the money aslong as i get my car back on road.its sitting outside the house and it breaks my heart.

Dooie Pop Pop

bestgtir said:
sorry rob i was at work so i get my little bro to put up posts for me.hes only 13 and used to txting on the phone lol

anyway i ordered the pistons of hiteq £716.11.well after hiteq taking the p*ss ive took a full refund of them and bought another engine with brand new hks pistons 87mm everything is still in the packets the only thing the engine dont come with is conrods ond crank and crank bearings for £500 the lot.so all i need now is a oil pump crank bearings and gaskets. i dont mind paying the money aslong as i get my car back on road.its sitting outside the house and it breaks my heart.
sounds like a true R owner to me;-)

give you brother a little oc clip round the ear and tell him he' ll get nowhere in life spelling like that:lol:

youngsyp

bestgtir said:
so all i need now is a oil pump crank bearings and gaskets.
If all you need is an oil pump, crank bearings and gaskets, get on to eBay. As posted up before, Eric's performance parts or indeed Nissan performance parts, should be able to supply them, at very good prices.

O

Odin

Yes Eric's can supply everything you need a good prices, I got my new oil pump from them at less than half what Nissan wanted, He also does the bearings if you know what size you need, You can get that info from the machine shop doing the build for you.

Rob

bestgtir

thank you lads. ive got the part and size numbers i was thinking about ordering them from nissan dealers .they can hav the parts for me within 4days.i would order them of ebay but ive been fecked around before by them. either they take to long or you dont recieve anything and when you finally do its the wrong part so i havent decided yet .see how it goes .main bearings upper-2964L 16JA01std--- lower-2964U 16JA01std---big end bearings T9G std thats the numbers on the bearings i have originally took out they are standard nissan ones

O

Odin

bestgtir said:
main bearings upper-2964L 16JA01std--- lower-2964U 16JA01std---big end bearings T9G std that's the numbers on the bearings i have originally took out they are standard Nissan ones

So how do you know you still need the same size bearings then ?, Have you measured the crank ?.

As for getting parts from eBay then you wont have any problem with Eric's at all, If you have any questions then mail the guy he is very helpful indeed.

Rob

bestgtir

Odin said:
Yes Eric's can supply everything you need a good prices, I got my new oil pump from them at less than half what Nissan wanted, He also does the bearings if you know what size you need, You can get that info from the machine shop doing the build for you.

Rob
i dont want to buy anything from abroad bad experience from the past:roll: so i was thinking about ordering them of nissan dealers and yes i have measured the crank its perfect i do need standard size

Last edited:
O

Odin

bestgtir said:
i don't want to buy anything from abroad bad experience from the past:roll: so i was thinking about ordering them of Nissan dealers and yes i have measured the crank its perfect i do need standard size

We've all had bad experiences mate, I bought 3k's worth of stuff from JGY and spent the next 9 months waiting for it to arrive :shock: :roll: .

But you did ask about uprated bearings and not Nissan ones, And as quoted by a few of us Eric's is probably your best bet, But you could buy them form Agra in Dundee. They rebuilt my engine ;-) .

Rob

O

Odin

Dooie Pop Pop said:
has it actually been started yet? or are you just saying that in a ' im so ****ing right' kinda way? ;-) :lol:

Well I did turn it over by mistake the other day :doh: :oops: .

Rob

J

jpward

bestgtir said:
i dont want to buy anything from abroad bad experience from the past:roll: so i was thinking about ordering them of nissan dealers and yes i have measured the crank its perfect i do need standard size
Eric supplies OE Nissan parts ;-)

He wants to build up his business through word of mouth not through flashy websites so take it from me he will get you what you want and normal deliver is only 5 days takes nissan a week or more to order parts in anyway!

Your call I am not bothered if you want to go through him or not he will be the first choice for many a member from now on ;-) not like JGY they are not to be trusted I bought or should i say tried to buy of them recently and waited 3 weeks nothing arrived pressed for details waited a further week nothing and then when i asked for refund was given a postal number which had been delivered in the US????? :shock:
How they are still in business i dont know!

Bart GTI-R

Iv just ordered some stuff from Erics Performance Parts from e-bay and very pleased with the e-mail response and customer service so far and from reading previous posts I dont think there will be any problem with this company.

Dooie Pop Pop

Bart GTI-R said:
Iv just ordered some stuff from Erics Performance Parts from e-bay and very pleased with the e-mail response and customer service so far and from reading previous posts I dont think there will be any problem with this company.
dude, if you dont sort that avatar out i will. iv seen bigger tits on a chicken:-D

marcymarc

Bart GTI-R said:

Is that you in the pic??? ,if so my arms are miles bigger than yours :lol: