help..is it possible????and more

P

prnnts

would z32(300zx) brake calipers fit on a gtir.....if so would any alterations hav 2 be made........
also i wanna change my disks and pads any recommendations....i was thinking black diamonds........

my cars gonna get rolling roaded soon and i wanna get around 300bhp+..
how is that possible.....
and last but not least i have a 2 and a half inch down pipe....is it better to have a 3 inch......
thank you very much......

Moved from the membership forum

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
prnnts said:
my cars gonna get rolling roaded soon and i wanna get around 300bhp+..
how is that possible.....
What's you current spec?
Basically, you'll need an uprated clutch, colder plugs, more boost, 1.2bar maybe, uprated fuel pump and a fuel controller are almost essential and smomeone to set it all up properly. front mount isn't essential, but would be worth it on a standard turbo at 1.2bar :wink:
2.5" should cope with 300bhp

Or take it to a rolling road that is very generous on the power figures :lol:

pulsar_stu

300bhp can be achieved by puting an uprated fuel pump in and using a Greddy profec b boost controler and changeing the plugs :D (300bhp not at the wheels) :D

Some guys arnt even using a fuel controler for 1.2bar (300+ bhp) :D

You dont have to have the clutch uprated for 300bhp if it isnt sliping :!: :!: :roll:

My bro is running 330bhp with a standard clutch no probs :!: :D

If you wantd to do it on the cheep, use a bleed valve :D just hook a boost guage up to set it up :D :D

Im no expert but im sure this is rite :lol: :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
pulsar_stu said:

You dont have to have the clutch uprated for 300bhp if it isnt sliping :!: :!: :roll:

I was giving him the safer version. :wink:
Yes you can get away without the above, but the clutch may not last long. (1bar killed mine properly in just over 2 weeks :lol: )
If you don't want to use a fuel controller, get your fuelling checked incase you're running lean under boost, otherwise the few saved pennies will cost you a rebuild :wink:

Ultimate cheapo, you could probably fit a bleed valve and whack the boost up. You may make 300bhp+ but you probably won't make it for long. And I'm not recommending this method as you'll probably blow your engine. :(

pulsar_stu

Fast Guy said:
pulsar_stu said:

I was giving him the safer version. :wink:
Yes you can get away without the above, but the clutch may not last long. (1bar killed mine properly in just over 2 weeks :lol: )
If you don't want to use a fuel controller, get your fuelling checked incase you're running lean under boost, otherwise the few saved pennies will cost you a rebuild :wink:
I was just telling him another way thats all mate :D

He is getting it rolling road tested anyway so he would have it checkd for running lean or not anyways wouldnt he :?: :D

We dont all launch our R's all the time mate :lol: :lol:

My bro has 330bhp and has had his clutch (standard) in since he had it mapd to 330bhp over a year ago :D so me thinks you are a bit of an animal :lol: :lol: just joking mate :lol:

Fire & skill

Vintage member
what makes you think your bro's clutch is standard? ive never heard one hold any more than 1 bar :lol: if its 330 bhp it must be running 1.3

pulsar_stu

Fast Guy said:
Ultimate cheapo, you could probably fit a bleed valve and whack the boost up. You may make 300bhp+ but you probably won't make it for long. And I'm not recommending this method as you'll probably blow your engine. :(
I agree with you ther :!: i was saying use the bleed valve for a cheeper route bcause he was going on the dino and wanted 300bhp+,
i dont think any1 in the rite mind would use a BLEED valve for ever :lol: its a quick fix until you can aford a boost controler :D

(edited for you fella, to stop you looking stupid :wink: :lol: :lol: .)

(vpulsar)

pulsar_stu

Fire & skill said:
what makes you think your bro's clutch is standard? ive never heard one hold any more than 1 bar :lol: if its 330 bhp it must be running 1.3 :D
ok we presume its standard :lol: we will soon see when he has it changed :lol: he has the uprated clutch but hasnt changed it bcause he dont nead to :D

And it has been setup at 1.2 bar at 330bhp :D

P

prnnts

thanx 4 da advise.....am lookin at installing fuel and boost controller b4 nxt week

Fire & skill

Vintage member
pulsar_stu said:
ok we presume its standard :lol: we will soon see when he has it changed :lol: he has the uprated clutch but hasnt changed it bcause he dont nead to :D

And it has been setup at 1.2 bar at 330bhp :D
my R is the same - i have no proof of an uprated clutch, but its holding 1.2 bar ok, i'll wait for it to go before i open it up :) , im finding all sorts of stuff on my car - only realised it had GAB shocks a few weeks ago :oops:

the chief

im using a bleed valve, set to 14psi and have done for a year. and it made 291bhp with that, a fmic and a filter.no fuel controller and standard exhoust!!!!