HELP Help...Please Help!

R

riske

How will i check if it has a tear? Should i just take it off then cut off about 2 inches then pop it back on? ALso what is that thing? Oil something?

frp

its full and needs emptying? :noidea:

Ive seen something similar on another car it was severe blow by, but id take the pipe and filter off and see whats what before going any futher.

steve

R

riske

I have taken the bits off and cleaned where they pop on but it still leaks. Does anyone actually know what it is?
Thanks

P

pulsarboby

its an oil catchcan !
its designed to catch the oil which comes through the breather system. thats why it has an atmospheric breather on the other end!
make sure that it has been fitted correctly as there is an in & out on there, the out side of it should have the breather filter connected.
if you wanted you could do away with it and revert back to standard and have the car breathing through the induction pipe where it was initially plumbed into.
from looking at the photos the pipes appear to be perished so may need some new pipes fitted on there.
also check to see if the other end of rocker cover (pc valve) has been blocked off as this will push all the gases to the back end of breather system and not allow engine to breath so easily

R

riske

Yeah found out what it was. Think i just have to empty it! lol. Catches all the crap from going in the rocker. Need a new one of those breather filters tho.

Thanks for the help

davey red.r

on average how often do these catch cans have to be emptied?
as im fitting a d2 power catch tank next week.

davey

frp

I would say it depends on the size of the can and the condition of your engine. when I had one in my previous car I found really hard cornering would soon fill it up ,it was a cusco one.
just keep an eye on the sight and you'll be fine davey.
steve

R

riske

Wicked thanks mate. Yeah cleaned it out last nite and it's perfect now, all shiney!

R

riske

Right guys need help with this again!!! I have replaced the filter and cleaned everything but still pissing out wit oil! even had to top up my oil! Dunno know but i havn't been ripping it and its always doing it.

gtir_pimp

where is the oil coming out from? hose got a split in or is oil coming out the little filter? do you have the standard catch can on aswell?

R

riske

Catchcans arn't standard are they?! Well look at the pics and you can see. From the Filter mainly. I'm guessing under boost it sprays out everywhere from the filter! i can see the spray of oil over everything but it also drips out after a drive.

gtir_pimp

there is a standard catch can thats black,at the front-right of the rocker cover next to the intercooler pipe from the turbo. is your still there? if you leave this on the oil what comes out of the pipe from the rocker cover will go into the standard one and it has a pipe on the bottom of it what takes the oil straight back into the block. you dont have to have an upgraded catch can, and if its giving you agro then get rid of it! you wont loose any oil this way

R

riske

But doesnt the engine breath better with it on. Mine isnt standard and the standard one is gone. Someone said that theres was pissing out oil and turned out to be a cracked piston!!!!! This true? my car drives fine tho.

P

pulsarboby

see if the other pipe at the other end of rocker cover has been blocked off, if so then put it back to standard and also replace the standard catchcan then run the other pipe from rocker cover back to the aftermarket can and the other side back to the induction pipe!
personally i would put the whole system back to standard

wont be a cracked piston as your plug will oil up in no time at all and car will only run on 3 cylinders, you will also be billowing out blue smoke