Help!!! Engine is f**ked!!!

A

Anonymous

Hey people, can anyone give me some ideas on what may be the problems with my R? right, whenever i change my plugs the beast jus eats them for breakfast (they are platinums). It smokes as cam rockers keep coming off, due to this cams are scratched but that dont matter as have pipers to replace em with. i think a piston could of somehow hit one of the plugs as the tip was bent up touching the base of the plug. when the car worked it used to stink of fuel in the car when driving. anyone who has had this problem or anything like it, feedback would be greatly appriciated!!!!
Many Thanks Guys N Gals,
Jaymz :cry: :evil:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
When you say cam rockers keep coming off, do you mean breaking? What revs are you using, does this happen everytime you use the car?

Someone had a problem with the plugs getting bent before but I can't remember the outcome of that.

Not sure if it had something to do with detonation? :?

A

AJ4

don't drop the plugs down the hole before screwing them in, incase that is bending them :D

I

Innovate Performance

If your rockers keep coming of you may have broken the rocker guilds and the will need replacing or they will not stop coming off.

Mate what sort of boost are you running and what is happening to the plugs. Are the tips burning away,

How bad is the smoking?
Maybe valve stem seals or could be the pistons? really hard to tell with out seeing.

hope this helps

regards