help,engine block, cont' 'plenum help please...'

S

SUKARDIGOSAL

thanks for everyone help,

hmm this mean that my car is now using the blue bird engine. :(
i check my old engine which has pulled apart by one of the garage.
i found that the engine cover is same as gtir engine, and it has its plennum chamber too. so i belive thats gtir engine.
but the problem is the cylinder liner is badly scratch, the valve is bent and broken.
but the piston still alrite.

is tat possible to use the sr20 sylinder block(that board said blubird) from that bluebird. does all sr20 block al the same?

the garage told me if i want to rebuild again the engine i need all the 'completed seals and gaskets sets', piston rings, and valves(dunno what valves).
does anyone can quote me all the parts above, so i can estimate my budget.
im not sure with the sensors whether still stick on the engine, cos the engine was pulled out month ago :(

oh yeah for 'matty gtir', i would like to post the car pics, but i dont have link to place a pict, sorry.
i bought the car cos the engine was covered by the intercooler, and i really expecting that gtir, then now i realise how careless am i :(

:shock:

I

Innovate Performance

you should be able to use the block and piston from the other engine, you may even be able to use the head as well.

I you have the GTIR inlet manifold and plenum chamber then you may be able to fit them to the engine that is in the car.The sensors should still be ok.

The front wheel drive sr20 engine are all very much the same with some small differences.

Then you should be able to use the microtech ecu you have.

hope this gives you some ideas.

mattygti-r

yep but its not goint to be the proper SR20DET GTIR engine etc,

sounds likea bit of nightmare,

if you want to pm me i will host thepics for you

I

Innovate Performance

could always put liners into the old block.

or use the block from the blue bird engine.

I will have a look and se what bits i have around.

P

paulrandy

you can't swap the heads, the head bolts and oilways are different

GINGA

The R inlet won't fit the bluebird head properly either, and the block is different with oil spray jets etc
Your best bet would be to rebuild the proper R engine, with the block rebored with larger pistons and valves replaced, if the block is that badly damaged that a rebore of 1mm oversize won't be enough(unlikely) then you could have liners fitted :wink:

S

SUKARDIGOSAL

is that possible to order the liners? whats the parts number?

can anyone tell me the parts number and estimate costs of rebuilding the car? :(

what kind of piston i can use if larger one. im goinf to ask my garage later on.
also the cylinder liners, does it have to be gtir cylinder liner. if i use other liner that not for gtir, will it strong/good enough?