HELP!!!! ALOT OF BLACK SMOKE!!!

A

Anonymous

As above :cry: :cry:

Looked through loads of threads on here and it seems to be a fuel / air problem, but I couldn't find a thread with exact problem so calling for a bit of help!!! :? :?

Out last night, fuel very low (as I was deliberately running it low so I could check in the fuel tank to try & resolve fuel surge round left handers at half tank!!), but needle not quite on empty. Driving very steadily till I got to 4 grand in second and just had to have a few seconds at 1bar!!! :D Just as I was about to grab third, there was a big POP like misfire, then f all power as if it had run out of fuel and only on 2 or 3 cylinders. Didn't sort itself out after about 30 seconds, so pulled over and put a gallon of Optimax in. Problem still there........

Limped home at under 1700 rpm, as it missed fired above that, though tried to push the revs up a bit to try and "clear" it, but this resulted in black smoke so bad I couldn't see the car behind and the revs wouldn't go passed 3 grand (boost went to 0, but no further...).

So, SERIOUS black smoke :oops: which smells badly of fuel, tick over down to less than 500 !!!! at times, no power, gutted me :cry: :cry: No oil leaks, no rattles and still have oil pressure.

The only thing I have tried (as it was 11pm last night) is disconnecting the battery for a while to see if the ECU would reset itself and sort things out, but no joy............

BTW. Car running 1 bar boost, Forge BOV, Forge FMIC, Samco Hoses, HKS plugs, K&N Filter & Scorpion pipe.

Think I covered everything above, so any help appreciated...

Adrian

A

Anonymous

cheers mate - you were right 8) 8)

Was a bit worried though as the prob was still there after fitting it back on (just not as bad). Plugs were blacker than coal after driving the car home last night!!!!! Chucked a new set of Denso IK24's in and it is now sweet as :) :)

thanks

Adrian