Heated Seats not working

grim_d

My new shell came with heated seats but I'm struggling to get them to work, the drivers seat and cover was completely shot so I have stripped the elements from it, so I have one full seat and one set of elements, I can't get anything from either of them.

I have checked the elements for continuity with success so I would expect them to heat up as they are basically a wire that gets hot?

The switch lights up so I again assume power is getting to the switch but never the less I checked them for continuity and all seemed good there. I don't want to supply it with 12v from another source as I don't know if it runs off 12v or not. I tried to check the plug for voltage but I'm not great with electrics and popped the fuse :oops:, that was enough to convince me power is getting to the elements though.

Not sure what to try next, I have a lot of the dash out like the heater controls etc but that shouldn't matter should it?

I'm thinking about selling them on but they aren't much use if they don't work!

grim_d

I managed to get these working, the battery couldn't supply enough current on it's own to get them to do anything, I guess really you need an alternator running to get the most out of them.

Will be putting them up for sale.

grim_d

I have an idea but I'll invite offers, I'll do a thread with pictures and a full description later.