head

zia

any one know of a tuner that has head flow bench tester? preferbally in south region

thanks zia

zia

has anyone on here got there head flowed ? what fiqures did you get?
also been qouted some steep prices anyone had gas flowing done what did you pay?

thanks zia

GINGA

Norris designs do flowed head on a exchange basis for about £700 though i'm not overly sure it makes that bigger difference on the gtir as theres quite a few big power cars running around with totally standard heads and cams 8)

zia

paul i know what you mean but surely there must be benefit from head work, getting better flow or charge into the cylindars with less restriction should theoeritcally improve cylindar filling and chage density, if the standard head flows at guess 40cfm per min and you can increase this with less restriction and flow loss, wouldn,t this give decent torgue and bhp increase with quicker turbo spool up. i guess £700 is expensive but am not spending that sort money unless i know it will make diference.thats reason why i,ll be doing before and after result on bench tester to see what works and what doesn,t

zia

ashills

had my head flowed and made 380-390 at 1.4 bar
with no cams etc
depends how far they go flowing wise but mine was what they called a medium flow and was probably 3-400ish and that was all bench tested etc

Websnowbo

Blueprinting the engine will make the engine run more power without any “Aftermarket” parts fitted, BUT an overly machined head on a turbo car can make it spool up later and make the power higher up the rev range.

I have a friend who used to work for Janspeed and is like an artist when machining heads, he did the development work for the Primera touring car so has a good knowledge of the heads. But I’m afraid he is up North near me but he is worth bearing in mind for the future for any of you boys, as I really cant begin to describe his knowledge for porting heads.