head gasket problem

P

pulsarmick

hi i have just purchased a pulsar gtir the owner had put a new turbo on it but run the car with to much boost and he said that the head gasket has gone i have only paid £2000 for it can you tell me if there may be more problems or could it jsut need the gasket doing may thanxs mick:thumbsup:

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
pulsarmick said:
hi i have just purchased a pulsar gtir the owner had put a new turbo on it but run the car with to much boost and he said that the head gasket has gone i have only paid £2000 for it can you tell me if there may be more problems or could it jsut need the gasket doing may thanxs mick:thumbsup:
It will more than likely need the head skimming/checking to make sure it's flat and while the head is off,i'd stick in a set of ARP head studs.

P

pulsarmick

hi all thanxs for the help i asked the previous owner he only run the car for a short time the top hose pressure gets hard when running iam thinking of taking the engine out to clean and paint is it easy to do i have seen pics of the drive shafts out do i have to drain the gear box or transfer box many thanxs mick where is the best place to get a head gasket from and how much will i have to pay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Have you done a compression test? Head gasket often leaks between 2 cylinders, so it'll be low on 2, if you've melted a piston it's often only low compression on 1cylinder.

EVOBAD

pulsarmick said:
hi all thanxs for the help i asked the previous owner he only run the car for a short time the top hose pressure gets hard when running iam thinking of taking the engine out to clean and paint is it easy to do i have seen pics of the drive shafts out do i have to drain the gear box or transfer box many thanxs mick where is the best place to get a head gasket from and how much will i have to pay.
try ebay mate u can get cometic steel gasket for under £100 thats the best way to go 1.2m:-D