head change etc...

A

Anonymous

need to do the engine head as the head gasket has gone..
so im going to change the head set and replace the gasket ive got some decent qoutes on a apexi gasket just wondering where i can get decent head set from is there an upgrade components etc....
do i really need to chand the head set >???
norris designs do a gas flowed head engine rebuild does this include gasket all internals as well as gas flowed head sor 600 odd quid ???
do i need to change the thermastat ????
cheers gilybob

zia

hi mate you,ll need complete head gasket set from nissan or you can buy seprate head gasket from hks and just get the rest of the gaskets from nissan.it should include
exh mani g,inlet mani g,valve stem seals,thermo gasket,and dizzy seal.etc
you also better of lapping and grinding the valves at the same time which will improve the breathing.and if it been overheating get it skimmed. :wink:

zia

J

jasegould

I would get the head skimmed and tested if it has overheated(only a minor skim as too much can affect the compression ratio) and definately fit a new thermostat...goes without saying for me, is it worth risking overheating for £5??

The head set isnt one part, its actually the name given to all the gaskets needed for a cylinder head replacement as zia said, head gasket, exhaust and inlet gaskets, stem seals etc etc. Just makes it easier when ordering the parts.
There are no uprated headset bits that i know of...just the head gasket, youll have to buy the rest from Nissan or a factors.

A

Anonymous

cheers peeps
have you seen the offer that norris designs are doing complete head rebuilt and gas flowed is this what i need cos this sounds like a bargin prob not tho sounds to cheap for norris designs to me.......
i take it its for peeps that have not blown their engine

zia

you don,t really need to exh your head just yet it stripped out then give it to a local head reconditioner to gas flow it and to lap the valves, you save a packet that way.even if you do decide to get norris you,ll still need the gask etc and fitting on top :!:

zia