Head Back on

R

r.u.sure

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice, just had a recon head put on the caR, can i just get in and give it loads of beans or has it got to be run in first. :?:
Any help on this would be great as i don't really want anything major going wrong again.

Thanks
Dave

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've never heard of having to run a head in (only running new cams in), but I guess it would be worth checking.

J

jasegould

Common sense says its not a good idea to cane it :roll: youve just had major work done on the car, take it easy for a while to make sure everything is working as it should, when you are confident all is ok, oipen her up :D

R

r.u.sure

O.K thanks for the advice chaps :D , i thought i'd ask the experts as the garage where the work was done said to run it in but a few other places said it didn't need it,
Think i will be taking it very easy for a little while Jase

Thanks again :wink:
Dave

C

chrislloydus

Yes you're supposed to do 100 miles they say.........then re-torque the head bolts which will all have loosened form the heat cylcing of the block.
During that time dont do anything that would cause the core temp of the block to get higher i.e. no boost, and no sitting in traffic jams.

Chris

J

jasegould

Do Nissan actually say torque the head bolts coz if they dont dont do it.
Usually if you have to do a retorque (like PUG 205 1.9) you have to do the retorque after a time period, ie 15 mins, not after a mileage if u get my drift.