HDI super boost controller Review

keastygtir

I have purchased and installed the following

http://d2power.com/seweb.html

First impressions are good, the quality seems ok especially the control box and the soleniod. The T pieces and other bits are a bit on the cheap side but nothing wrong with them.

I have yet to set it up properly but I took the car out to make sure the soleniod was actually working and immediatley noticed it was much more aggressive on spool up and initial push.

I will add more over the next few days.

for the price it seems very good.

chopper

Looks the part. Will be intrested to know how it goes as i'm looking to buy a boost controller at the moment.

pulsarmoley

I have one of these but mine must be an older/different model as mine only has one adjusting knob. I havent had a chance to fit mine yet so keep us posted on how your finding it. How much did this cost you?

keastygtir

well update!

After a week of use I seem to have a small problem.

I find that the boost dosent hold that well if you stomp on the throttle. it drops off slightly and then builds back up again.

however when being more progressive with the throttle it seems to hold fine.

Any ideas?

EDIT i have changed the vacume pick up point and now all is well!

Last edited:

keastygtir

update guys

After moving the vac pickup I have to say this thing has been exellent. I make positive boost from 2000 rpm in 5th!. It comes on strong and hold boost rock steady. very impressed

SIR GTIR

they are quite a Basic unit tho the loom is little unfriendly to join (solder)
and you can't adjust the gains of the boost curve like the Greddy Profec B

it takes a Bit of playing with But my 2 cents Buy a Profec B or some other unit that gives a little more freedom