have bought a crazy one

gtir bob

Hi everyone have bought a h reg gtir off my friend whos had it rebuilt & now its time to get the full potential out of her.So i asked my mate who had it before to set the apexi (boost controler) to what it was before i.e settings a/b as was running in with settings off!! But the only problem is that the boost kicks in-it goes, then i stop i.e traffic lights,but then after about 2-3mins theres smoke & lots of it!!!!! I have people telling me to swich it off, its on fire or its fckd mate. So now im in a pickl as had the turbo looked at + seals changed! but what i dont understand is that when the controller is off i have no smoke, then as i flash it on to settin b (0.7) itl smoke just on idle??? The car needs setting up obviously but i dont want to waste ,a, my hard earnd cash, and ,b, a tuners time & effort if somethink is fckd!!!!:boom: please help ive been told your the gods for these cars & youll no what to do thanx rob :thumbsup: im a bit computer iliterate so youll have to bear with me

gtir bob

thought stem seals but they was ment to have been changed? have the mechanic who built the engine comin round today so will ask him when he arrives!! were abouts in brum are you as im in sheldon & may have seen you as allways look out for pulsars??? would be nice to no someone local who nows the cars!

P

pulsarboby

if it smokes on acceleration under load then the prob is more than likely a cracked ringland or worn rings on pistons.
if smoking just in the morning or puffs of smoke inbetween gear changes could possibly be valve stem oil seals

if smoking coming off boost then turbo related prob! before you go any further, carry out a compression test on cylinders.

gtir bob

Do you have to run in the stem seals in?? the reason i ask is that when it was build the car was stolen & was driven only 6kilos but how hard i dont no?? would this have made a difference?

gtir bob

had probs with turbo before & had it rebuild with ?2 rear seals?? an upgrade which no one realy nows about??? but had new seals & washers inc the thrust washer changed to iliminate the prob!

nah ive never heard of anyone havin to run in valve seals

did u say it was smokin on boost or just at idle? the first post's confusin me lol

when its on boost is it still blue? cause i had what i thought was blue smoke before but a mate who was drivin behind me told me it was fuel, and he was sure cause he could more or less taste it lol.

but yeah, that just sounds like valve stems to me mate.

nismoboy

sounds like the turbo is ****ed mate, have u got another turbo u can try? when u say set at a/b setting on your boost controller what psi are these set to?