hav far will car driv without alternator attached

EVOBAD

as the bearings inside alternator hav worne it has made the small pulley loose so iv disconnected the alternator etc hav far can i drive the car now any 1 know:-D

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You won't get too far mate as the battery won't last long without the charge from the Alternator..

Rishi

smiler

I put a brand new battery into my car when the alternator was goosed (unknown to me) it idled for about 15 mins before it run the battery totally flat so as rishi says you won't get far at all.

P

pulsarboby

it depends on how far your batteries charged and whether your driving at night with lights or daylight, also how many times you stop and start! as the starter draws a lot of juice from a battery.

PaulB

I used to have a nova :oops: when i was 17. The belt snapped on that and i managed 25 miles through the day, with nothing electrical on at all, just the spark plugs ! But the was only a 1.3 SR

Fusion Ed

I managed to drive back from london with 5x fire alarm batteries when my alternator died, Everything off just ignition...

Fazz

about 15 mins.... tried and tested :)

Don't do it. I got stranded!

Recharged battery then and did the 15 mins back and got her sorted.

the chief

when mine packed up i drove from watford to chelmsford (60 miles maybe) might of gone more but fixed the alternator there

Last edited:

lakeview

also say about 15 mins if its a straight bit of road.if you have to negotiate junctions .i got 2miles, 2 junctions and half a roundabout in a subaru a few years ago

Adam L

i managed about 15 miles in one of my old cars, but it was at night so i had to use my lights, me being a ****ing wally i left my window down until i got back to my ex's house and the car died as i got it to her doorstep

i managed to pull the window up in the end, she was telling me to sell that car for such a long time, i kept it longer than her...