Has anyone got?..., or some advise

shroom

Hi guys, to fit my gt3071r I have to chop the adapter bit off my front mount intercooler pipe that goes across the front of the engine,

now I wont be able to fit a silicone hose around it to join them back together as its nearly touching the manifold, so was thinking would the original top mount pipe thing that comes of the turbo be any use?,

I dont have one so anyone that may have one lying about I could give it a home :)

red reading

cut it and get a samco silicon hose adaptor,make sure you bead the pipe though.if you don't and the pipe comes off under boost you will reck the turbo. and use mikalor pipe clamps not jubilee clamps.

shroom

sorry I am putting the t28 back on but know I have cut the adapter off I cant physicaly put a hose around the bit, here is a picture of the bit I chopped,

does anyone have the stock up pipe bit for the top mount I could adapt for the time being?

shroom

that would usualy be connected onto the big intercooler pipe that goes across the front of the engine, but I cut it just to put a silicone hose onto the gt3071,

behind the bit in the picture its about 1mm away from the manifold so is imposible to get a hose and clamp onto it :(

shroom

hehe, or do you think it miight be just as simple to butcher the top mount pipe that would go onto it as it would clear the manifold? I cant weld to alloy :(

shroom

had that done on my gt3071 and it obliterated itself :( so im not going to even atempt to touch it