has any one ever bought of bigg red brake parts before?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes. I've done the rear axle... and the part numbers were: BRK203410 for the seals for both calipers (34mm not ~203010 which is for a 30mm piston) and BRP233416 for a single 34mm piston. - SNAP!

They're reasonably quick with the posting, but it wasn't next day or anything like that. - Standard economy package, posted promptly I'd guess.

Hi
All

I have just recieved pistons and seals just a quick question but the pistons seam empty they havent got the screw in bit for the handbrake i havent taken calipers apart yet so maybe i take it off the old pistons???

thanks

sam

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Eh? Isn't your handbrake mechanism mechanical on the back of the caliper; the kit should have a new dust seal and O-ring for the handbrake mechanism, but everything else is retained from the caliper you're rebuilding. - If you mean the bit inside the piston; that comes out with a split ring (and also has new seals in the kit).

It's a bit late now, but what did it cost to have them rebuild the calipers for you Nath?

GTI-R Nath

Hi
All

I have just recieved pistons and seals just a quick question but the pistons seam empty they havent got the screw in bit for the handbrake i havent taken calipers apart yet so maybe i take it off the old pistons???

thanks

sam
yeah when you take the old piston out you will need to remove the inside parts with snap ring pliers and put it in your new piston

also if ur doing a full rebuild the snap ring inside the caliper is a pain to get out

It's a bit late now, but what did it cost to have them rebuild the calipers for you Nath?
think it was about £175 for them to rebuild & powder coat them, but that also included the sliders getting powder coated too,

its all okay i have done it now thanks

what i ment was the bit inside the piston with the seal there was that much gunge in there i didnt see the clips when i took it apart previously to find the pistons were screwed

but all okay now

thanks
sam

mick2016

I take it you have to send them ur old calipars for exchange for reconditioned ones and you can only buy them in pairs ? Sorry but i never use them b4

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I think they actually rebuild and return your original callipers rather than supply ones they had on the shelf. - Either way, you'd need to send them in.