Handling Upgrades

Pete Watson

Hi

I have just bought a Std GTiR...

Looking to sort out the Handling.

Shocks, Springs, Ride Height, Braces, Anti Roll Bars, Anti Lift kit...is it? Anti Dive Kit etc etc. Whats the best route?

I will be fitting 16x7 Speedline alloys with 205/45's.

Any help would be greatfully received! Hoping to get this sorted before Castle Coome on May 22nd.

Cheers Pete

E

Edd

A good start would be to go to Powerstation in Cheltenham
www.powerstation.org.uk

have the full whiteline works kit and bumpsteer kit fitted and aligned with you sat in the car.
It will transform it
But will set you back £1500 fitted

M

memski

If you're serious about your handling and don't mind a "firm" ride then I can recommend Tein HA's. I've got just about every handling mod and brace for my R and once they were removed and I went back to standard, the whole car felt shat and understeered to buggery once again :cry: Will soon be back on though :)

N

Ninja_tune_factory

get the whiteline front and rear anit roll bar and the anti lift kit they all are s**t hot products

Pete Watson

Thanks for the replies!

Have sent Powerstation an e-mail will see what they come back with. I don't mind a "Firm Ride" as this is my weekend fun car.

A

Anonymous

I'm gonna go the powerstation route when i can finally afford it.

Where about in south gloucestershire are you pete?

ashills

went to powerstation today to have all mine aligned and have camber bolts and rear subframe bushes fitted
very good bunch
i got there late, they didnt mind got on with my car and for once no probs when my cars been at a garage

Hey just wondered how much difference does a set of adjustable coilovers?
If properly setup do u think it is almost possible to set it to drift D1 style.
Keke.

O

one Gti-R

BabyGodzillaGTi-R said:
Keke.
best way toi get that is put bald rear tyres on the GTI-R they get tail happy when they have no grip at the rears.

A

Anonymous

one Gti-R said:
BabyGodzillaGTi-R said:
Keke.
best way toi get that is put bald rear tyres on the GTI-R they get tail happy when they have no grip at the rears.
Or even better Sam, put two cheesecutter (spacesaver) rims on the back, now that will really get the ass end out

Gino