handling kit with stan'd shocks

C

caz

Anyone got the Whiteline handling kit on while still using standard shocks.

i.e.

Adjustable rear ARB £115
Anti Lift kit £90
Front Swaybar link bush kit £10
Front swaybar D bush kit £14
Front Camber adjust bolt kit £39
Rear Camber bolt kit £39

I've got lowered springs but want to freshen up the handling but ain't got 800 quid for shocks

Thoughts

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I don't have the camber bolts, but I have the rest and the 4point lower brace, all with standard dampers and springs.

The only problem is I've just put 4 new tyres on too, so I don't know if the slightly better handling is just down to them.

I have all the bushes to go on, but I'm saving that one for a sunny day/week :?

C

caz

4point lower brace
Thats the first thing I want. Had a good look underneath at the weekend and noticed me roll bar was a little scabby, just got me thinkin that was all.

K

KrissJ

I've got totally standard suspension and had the handling kit put on a couple of months ago. I didn't get the front camber bolt though and the back ones aren't on yet as I'm gettin them put on when I get my Tein super streets fitted hopefully later this month (as they come with adjustable top mounts). I also have Whiteline front and rear strut braces.

Tbh, from what people have said I was expectin a massive difference but it was more subtle. It is noticeable though. It feels tighter round corners, there is less lift under acceleration and considerably less dive under braking wiich makes the car feel much sturdier before corners.

It still understeers a fair bit under acceleration or round very fast corners but a lot less than it used too and I have the ARB set on the middle of 3 settings so could tighten up the rear even more (but don't wanna spin or owt). I think a lot of this will be sorted when the coilovers go on as there'll be less body roll so more weight on the inside wheels so if yours is already lowered you'll get this benifit.

The ultimate way to get rid of the dreaded understeer though is apparently the bumpsteer kit made by Power Station and distributed by Whiteline, which I'll be gettin put on sometime in the not too distant future hopefully.

Handlin is definately the way to go, especially round here in the lakes :wink:

Hope that helps you a bit.

Chris

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I get the impression I've benen up on 3 wheels a couple of times now round a couple of corners :shock: Can this be done on the Gtir??
They were 90degree turns.