HAHAHAA 'clonk' EEK! rattle rattle UPDATE

Dooie Pop Pop

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i think my R' s busted :(

took it out for a little drive today. was just getting near 7k rpm in 3rd when i hear 'clunk' rattle rattle rattle :( :cry:

gearbox works like normal, the cars running fine. ticks over and runs normal also no smoke and boosts fine :? i didn' t push it that hard just incase i made it worse :( all in all the car seems normal except for this rattle :? it does it with the car out of gear too so that rules out the transfer box doesn' t it? :(

it seems to be loudest at the oil pump pully/driveshaft end low down sounded like someone tapping the suspension strut almost. none of the pully' s are wobbling either :?

if anybody' s local and knows what they' re looling at id appreciate a little help here, tbh it couldn' t have happened at a worse time i need my R :( :cry:

thanks in advance, Stu

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
:cry:

Thats crap dude...

Hope you manage to find out what it is soon...

Could just be something thats come loose and rattling about...

So there's no smoke... No performace loss... Just a rattle...?

Rishi

Dooie Pop Pop

RishiGTiR said:
:cry:

Thats crap dude...

Hope you manage to find out what it is soon...

Could just be something thats come loose and rattling about...

So there's no smoke... No performace loss... Just a rattle...?

Rishi
yeah just a rattle :? :( was hoping it might just be the water pump or something i didn' t wait for it to overheat, just drove it home and left it.

something loose! :shock: yuck dont like the sound of that :( its not a knocky rattle either. sounds something like a loose ball bearing rattling around :(

zia

isn,t the four eyed faggot near you!!! :lol: i.e (keiron) just get him to have look.have you checked the rubber bush on the driverside driveshaft might be touching. and also the short mounting braket for transfer box might be loose?

zia

Dooie Pop Pop

already spoke to the 'lifter' bless him :lol: he said to give him a shout on wednesday.

had the 'spun bearing' theory chucked at me this evening....im a little unhappy :( started the car after my last post and have noticed that its not doing it all the time on tick over and when revved :? am totally overwhelmed here tbh but it doesn' t sound like a loose exterior part to me :(

what does a spun bearing sound like?

stu

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Sorry to hear the bad news. Its one of my worst fears that after all the hassle and you think you've fixed everything, something else will go :(

Good luck in sorting it.

Dooie Pop Pop

just had Pesh90 round to have a look, started the car...nothing left it to warm up....nothing revved the car a few times and it did it a little bit and then stopped left the car for a further 5 mins...nothing

i had to rev it fairly hard to get it to do it again. when the revs dropped it did it for about 10secs then stopped, Pesh thinks its something to do with the timing chain.

weird.

thanks for popping over Pesh, was good to meet you :D

Stu

pesh90

Dooie Pop Pop said:
just had Pesh90 round to have a look, started the car...nothing left it to warm up....nothing revved the car a few times and it did it a little bit and then stopped left the car for a further 5 mins...nothing

i had to rev it fairly hard to get it to do it again. when the revs dropped it did it for about 10secs then stopped, Pesh thinks its something to do with the timing chain.

weird.

thanks for popping over Pesh, was good to meet you :D

Stu
No problem mate :wink:, good to see you too :lol: ... Hopefully it is the timing chain, but i'am no mechanic :oops:, Just going by past experince with my sh1tbox fooking up :lol: ...Let me know you get on tomorrow :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

Fast Guy said:
If you think it's the chain, what about the timing chain tensioner?
i think thats what he meant Fastguy :wink: we spoke about this yesterday. i do hope it is something silly :( a certain person will hopefully be popping over to give me his opinion thursday :D

in the meantime he suggested starting the car and saying 'ugga bugga' to it :? :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

let the abuse begin :roll:

tbh i dont care iv never felt so sick......

i 'think' iv found the problem :lol:

nut took a nice thin slice from the alternator belt, lucky really :)

so what size nut is that then?