Had my R on the dyno.....

N

Nik_GTI-R

.....And im pretty chuffed.It wasnt put on just for pub talk,but more for to make sure it was running fine i.e fuelling ok.Well im glad i did stick it on as it turned out it wasnt running fine.
1stly the operator took it for a road test to make sure all was well and he said it seemed fine,it was overboosting to 1.3kg/cm2 and dropping off to under 1.0 so was a bit wary of that.Finally got it onto the dyno and set-up and he tried to do a run and it turned out it was actually boosting to over 1.45bar :shock: :shock: and running hugely lean.His 1st question was "does it have forged internals"lol.I told them to turn it down to 1.1(or as close as itl go to that but still be "safe")
So after about 15mins of faffing about and not getting the MBC to adjust to 1.1bar he reckoned it was fuked.It was either giving standard boost from the actuator or full boost from the MCB wide open.So i was supplied a new Dawes Device and the run was done at 1.1bar.He said i wouldnt notice the gauge reading 1.1 on the road due to the fans being like ice cold in the dyno-cell.Although on cold mornings it does hold at 1.1bar on the gauge.On normal days its just over 1.0bar.
Heres some pics of the graphs.......

The operator said it was pretty good figs for the mods and that its now runing safe AFRs.
Also got the run for £35 even tho they had it/worked on it for well over the hour that it was booked in for.

Let me know if all seems well.Cheers.