GTIROC trackdays for 2007?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
So what are the chances of us as a owners site actually having a trackday?

I’ve just come back from the MLR trackday at Oulton Park and as a owners club their organisation down to a tee! :shock:

What are the changes that we can organise a track day for the GTIROC in 2007 without it going tits up and getting people to attend?
I can’t understand how they (MLR) can organise such an event and they even have people on standby if someone drops out where we can’t even get enough to fill a day? :der:

What ever happened to organising the trackday with GTROC and GTIROC, I just makes me wonder why we seem to have some keen drivers and track day enthusiasts, but we can’t get something sorted out? Not only that but people who have never been on a trackday show interest in coming!
I’m not having a go with anyone about this, I’d just like to see something done for next year, at least one event!:-D

Is it worth trying to sort out a trackday with GTROC or MLR (even the modifiers?:oops: ) if the numbers for a GTIROC day are not available and go from there?

Its just sad to see us all on here, but we never seem to get together for trackdays and end up going else where!

…have we ever actually had a trackday as GTIROC?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
1 - When one was organised for 2006 no one wanted to go. ok mayne 10 people.

2 - There are always people interested but no one commits.

3 - Last track day was at 3 sisters a few years back and had 66 GTiR's on track

Just to note that something has been organised for 2007 so keep an eye out for the announcement.

Rishi

P

pulsarboby

i will be organising one at cadwell park in the not too distant future! as soon as my cars run in and mapped.
i think jims up for it and two others are a definate.

to me it seems a waste of time trying to organise big days with a lot of people as inevitably half will drop out with either mechanical or financial problems.

i will get a good price on this day for everyone but will only give about a month or so notice!
so theres no pressure if you want to go you can but if not it doesnt matter as i will still be doing it anyways.
i even can arrange a good cheap pub / hotel, for those like myself that want to come the night before and have a good meal and a beer or 3:lol: as its a long trip for me all in one day, and also a good excuse for drinkies!

will let you all know when i arrange a date:thumbsup:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I had that kind of feeling about people backing out or mechanical failure, that’s why I was thinking of perhaps incorporating it into a MLR or GTR (or modders) day out?

Even MLR has other cars attending which are not jap, but people that fill spaces.

Either way i'm cool with attending most trackdays, would be nice to see a load of GTiR's out on track and perhaps even getting to sit in other peoples cars to see the difference and compare spec's ;-)

Keep me posted about those Cadwell dates
:)

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

will do andy
imo its better to have no more than say half a dozen Rs on track!
at track or test days for the forth coming race season a lot of people dont know what they are untill there looking at your exhaust and wondering what the fcuk has just overtaken there £50 grand + race car:lol:
at my last one i had people swarming under my bonnet wondering what was hidden in the pathetic little sunny, and it was all still standard then!

bring on the big boys now lol

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The last one I went on was with Dan and Stu. I noticed Dan is going to Donnington on 10th December. I can't make it because of work commitmemts at the moment but I'm sure he'd be happy to have some support.

The Octane Junkies were talking about going on track in Spring so I'll be trying to join them.

I'm still happy to lend a hand with your testing days bobby and ideally get mine out the garage too but worst case I'll just whizz over with some tools, coffee and some "Go Wierd looking Sunny " Flags. It'll be a good crack.

P

pulsarboby

thanks jim, will take you up on that, as cars looking a bit lopsided at the moment! just realised it maybe my big gut which is causing the problem:lol:

no really that would be good, appreciate the offer!