GTiR vs. GTiR HKS edition question

S

sideways

Hi everybody,

I am about to buy a Pulasr GTiR and I have seen people talking about the GTiR HKS edition, can someone tell me what is the difference between the two?

Also, is there any highly desired option or feature I should be looking for in one of these GTiRs before I buy one.

I have already been told the most comon color is black and that the front mounted intercooler is better than the top mounted one, but I will stick to the latter since I want a car in it's original form.

Cheers
George

paz

jiw said:
the difference is one exists and the other one does not :wink:
What he said ;)

There's on GTIR floating about with a shit load of big HKS stickers on it but thats your lot :lol:

Paz

J

justin666

Wasnt there a winter green one for sale once that claimed to be a "Rare" :roll: HKS Lux Edition..??

Maybe who ever told you about the two editions just got their wires crossed as there as in effect 2 models, the RA (Normal) and RB (Dakar). The RB is a lightweight shorter geared version of the normal GTIR.

Mines an ultra rare limited edition black one you know :D :wink:

J.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The "HKS Edition GTi-R" was Lisa Diamonds old car, it now risides in Hampshire somewhere. Last I saw of it was parked up at Rising Sun Performance with a stuffed block.

All it is though is a HKS stickered up black GTi-R with alot of the normal average mods.

c20ona

Hasn't this Urban Legend been doing the rounds for years now ?. I remember hearing about this myth / b0ll0x well over 5yrs ago on the gtir yahoo forums. Can't believe it's still going on today.

Kenny

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
justin666 said:
Wasnt there a winter green one for sale once that claimed to be a "Rare" :roll: HKS Lux Edition..??

J.

The winter green R is no different to a black R except to find one in that colour is pretty rare within its self.

J

justin666

AVH_25 said:
justin666 said:

J.

The winter green R is no different to a black R except to find one in that colour is pretty rare within its self.
I know the winter green ones are in effect a normal R just painted in a rare / dodgy colour, but im sure there was one on ebay only a matter of weeks ago selling its self as a HKS edition with Lux pack (ie.heated seats) !!! :) :) Wish my seats were heated, me little booty gets cold this time of year :(

J.

paz

justin666 said:
AVH_25 said:
justin666 said:

J.

I know the winter green ones are in effect a normal R just painted in a rare / dodgy colour, but im sure there was one on ebay only a matter of weeks ago selling its self as a HKS edition with Lux pack (ie.heated seats) !!! :) :) Wish my seats were heated, me little booty gets cold this time of year :(

J.
There was ;)

Paz

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Wasnt the Lux pack (heated seats etc) an optional extra on the R? There where so may optional extras im not too sure if this was one of them or not. :?

Aimee

S

sideways

Hey sorry guys, I only asked about what the difference is between the GTiR and the GTiR HKS edt. because of this web site

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews1162.html

I have been involved with rally cars for about 20 years. I still remember when and why Nissan designed the GTiR. Back in the midd '80s the Japanese were starting to kick Europen ass in the World Rally Championship. Toyota had the Celica AWD, Mazda had the 323 GTR so Nissan needed something in AWD turbo form.... in comes the GTiR.

But the above is all I remember of that car so that is why I asked.

I am planning on buying one as a second car because they don't seem to be very expensive considering what they offer.

I presently drive an Evo VIII so I would like to see how they compare.

Cheers
Jorge

topdoggtir

stevepudney said:
The "HKS Edition GTi-R" was Lisa Diamonds old car, it now risides in Hampshire somewhere. Last I saw of it was parked up at Rising Sun Performance with a stuffed block.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: