gtir t28 vs 200sx s14 t28 exhaust housing

samc

hi chaps, now this isn't the normal question of how much extra power i can get out of 1 but more to do with fitment. hopefully 1 of you has been here and done this... basically i have an old audi with a 1.8t from an a4 fitted along with a 200sx t28 and the turbo is knackered, still boosts fine but smokes it tits off and has actually scored the cold side quite deep, so my search for another t28 started. at the time of fitting the t28 there was loads available but now there a bit scarce. so... can anyone tell me if the exhaust housing will physically bolt into the same space so that the downpipe doesn't have to be altered??? the coldside isn't important as its easily changed however if i was going to change the downpipe i was going to go for an impreza fitment turbo as theres loads available to do the same sort of power and cheap as chips. i have bought a gtir turbo but theres that much play in the shaft its not even worth bothering with, despite been described as "good condition" so its going straight back :evil:
thanks in advance and hopefully i dont get banned for not owning a pulsar :lol:

samc

lol i wrote it on my phone. quite lucky it wasn't my usual.full.stop.after.full.stop.thanks.Samsung... lol

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yeah... and you didn't get banned. :nerner:

I'm not an expert, but I would have thought a T28 turbine frame is more or less the same size despite what the trim might be on the wheel. - That may show a complete misunderstanding of the Garrett naming convention, but I always understood it to be xxyy with the xx being the turbine side and the yy being the compressor side.