gtir spares intercooler

gtirjoey

recently bought a second hand 'gtir spares' intercooler, im having trouble making the f***ing thing fit, it just seems no matter how much of the car i cut away theres no room for it:cry:
its the one where the pipes run round the side of the rad..
any pics of what other people have cut would be really appreciated,
as its now really getting to me i cant believe im having this much trouble fitting a bloody intercooler

P

pulsarboby

if its anything like the evo 8 one i fitted joe youll need to hack away at quite a bit tbh.
pop down the yard and take a butchers at mine then youll see what needs to be done.
'gtir spares' never made intercoolers so youll probably find its an evo hybrid just as mine is

gtirjoey

okay mate i will try and nick the car of ria one day so i can pop down after work, thanks think its gonna be the only way i will work it out cos im running out of places to cut....
sorry i havent picked them wheels up yet...

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Could be "Pace" - mine is quite big and goes round the radiator; Geoff said it looks like a Pace one.

P

pulsarboby

thats ok joe, i was gonna drop them off to you this week but been too busy!

GTIR-LOZ

hi joey why did you not pm me you just need two holes by the headlights prob about 80mm and it is a gtir-spares cooler

gtirjoey

hi joey why did you not pm me you just need two holes by the headlights prob about 80mm and it is a gtir-spares cooler
didnt want to hassle you mate lol, when you say by the headlights where abouts exactly:doh:
ive cut away the strip that they power steering pipes run down(o/s),if you know what i mean

GTIR-LOZ

i just extended the holes that the headlamps sat in towards the center of the vehicle, remove the lamps and its easy with a air hacksaw or something, the lamps still bolt in fine, dont forget to trim the alternator guide as well, you will see where i mean, and thats it job done

gtirjoey

i just extended the holes that the headlamps sat in towards the center of the vehicle, remove the lamps and its easy with a air hacksaw or something, the lamps still bolt in fine, dont forget to trim the alternator guide as well, you will see where i mean, and thats it job done
i see now i will give it a go tomorrow cheers!

noriek2003

pulsarboby said:
'gtir spares' never made intercoolers so youll probably find its an evo hybrid just as mine is
yes they did,

gary got them made by a company called allard engineering, i had one on my first black car and fitted probaby 4 or 5 of them in the good old days.

to the op, you shouldn't need to cut to much out tbh just abit off at either side of the rad.