GTiR Problems

A

Anonymous

Hi there was woundering if anyone here could tell me the firing order from left to right on the GTiR's looking toward the front of the car?
Also i have just purchased new leads and plug the best and most exspensive brands for my car but when i go to start it it dies instantly even if i have been driving it for 4-5 minutes it still dies if my foot goes on the clutch or i dont rev it when i go to stop, slow down which is stupid wat else could be causeing this problem?
The reason i asked the first question was im sure it is correct i havent changed it from how it was when it never had the problem just for some reason it has started to do this like 2 days before i was going to buy new lead and plugs, Any help would be much appreciated.

moved to problem...zia

A

Anonymous

I Have Done the fault check at it did 5,5 which mean no problems, so im confused wat could this be?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The firing order is 1-3-4-2 . 1 being the pulley end. The dizzy cap has the plug numbers marked on them and the leads are the right length for each cylinder so they shouldn't reach the wrong one. :wink:
If you had them on wrong it would run like a pig at the best I'd imagine and probably backfire abit.
Is your airfilter blocked assuming it's standard?
Have you checked your plugs are ok?
Also, fuel pressure, low compression, injectors or wiring, or an air leak?

A

Anonymous

Tried with the old lead same thing and i only just read the post about the firing order and i think i may have it wrong order only thing is i when i replaced them i put them in the same order but i will make sure when i get home to make sure they are in the right order. I will also check to make sure my airfilter isnt block which it shouldnt be as i only cleaned it about a month or so ago.

A

Anonymous

I have the lead all around the correct way so that not the problem i actually tried unplugging the airflow meter cable and it stop and idled correct what does this mean? cause the test i did before came up 5,5 which mean nothing is wrong ?