GTIR flat spot between 5k and 6K rpm

A

Anonymous

My Pulsar gtir has a flat spot between 5000 and 6000 rpm. There is a slight misfire and it idles slightly hi on the odd occasion.
I have changed the plugs but it still seems to be there.
Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

I had a similar problem with mine (and it still there. Just :? ) But I managed to "iron" out most of it. I was flat spotting at aroung 4g to 5g and then it would shoot to 7g.

Then it would idle really high when i would come to a standstill for about 5 seconds and then drop to about 950rpm. Thats the ongoing bit which I haven't figured out :evil: :evil: :evil:
The flat spot was dirty injectors, pull them out and get them bench flowed and change your fuel filter. I also had really, really bad fuel consumption. All good now in that area. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Hi sorry my name is Rat, I have had a pulsar for around 6 months now and love it!!!!!! That is all I can say about me really.

It is a 92 red Pulsar running at 1 bar boost as far as I know. (or was told)
Not sure on the gap but the sparks are spitfire triple plat.

Not tried the fuel filter or the injectors yet but I tried a fuel cleaning addidtive, in the hope if there was anything there then it would be cleaned away but no joy.

Cheers for the advice ( I will give it a go) any other ideas would be much appreicated.

Thanks Rat. :D

A

Anonymous

You could also try this the next time you change you gearbox oil.
There is a switch in the gearbox with tells the ecu what gear it is in. Its small and fiddly to get in :!: :!: But worth the hassle, I got an extra 70k out of a tank :!: :!: I could not belive it, took me a while to figure it out. Its cheap too, cause the part is the same for a maxima. $36 AUD. 8)