gti-r value

1ad1

Is a totally standard mint R worth alot more than a mint moddified one.
I ask because im thinking of turning the R back to standard again.

R

riske

A standard one is worth more for peace of mind for the buyers point of view, less likely to be ragged. In these times both will be hard pushed to get much. It also depends on what you've done to yours and what the bits are worth if you sell them seperately. Dont try and con someone though by trying to make them think its always been standard! Good luck

1ad1

It has few mods, engine internals are standared.
cars running 1 bar,
front mount intercooler,
full mongoose exhaust,
air filter,
315mm hispec disc conversion,
The car was standard when i brought it and ive keept all the bits.
I have no plans of ever selling the car, its now my investment sat in the garage.

R

riske

ah rite...hmmm. i would say its worth more standard if your trying to make it an investment because once you go down the road of modding its expense that you will never get back. Or leave it as it is because as long as it still in good shape and your not puttin miles on it then its always gonna be worth more than the ones being used. Simple

1ad1

After 9 years of ownership im very attached, it would break my heart if i ever sold it.
might be a family air loom one day.

noriek2003

these cars will never be seen as an investment, they have no heritage, are plentiful and cheap and will one day pretty much disappear other than a few examples left that have been well looked after.

these wont be worth much however as older evos are getting cheaper by the week and will be the next cheapskates choice of a 4x4 turbo.

i said it years ago, but the gtir is the r5gtt of our age :lol:

1ad1

mine will be one of those examples left. Give it another 20/30 years maybe longer, all the other r's will be gone and mine will be still sat in the garage, a shining example of nissans motorsport heritage.

O

Odin

The GTIR did actually win once I can't remember what event but I think it was one of the minor Safari rallies.

As for value's it's never going to be worth f*ck all modded or not, If and it's a big if someone wanted to keep one for future classic reasons then of cause a standard car will always achieve a higher value, But it's just not a very good car at the end of the day and hasn't got any real credibility as a rally car so what's the point of keeping one anyway.

Don't get me wrong I liked mine when I owned it and it made a fast enjoyable road car, But it was very expensive to run.

Bad points.

Hard to work on.
Expensive to run.
parts are expensive.
dealers are hopeless.
engine has to come out for even the smallest problem.
Most tuners don't really know f*ck all about them.
Most tuners hate working on them (see above).
Mostly owned by chav's these days.
rust quite badly when not looked after.
You really must spend a lot of time and money on maintenance (or the above happens).

So save yourself the bother and buy a golf ;-).

Rob