GT28RS

C

copper

I know this has been beaten to death but I am such a turbo noob I just want to make sure.

I am looking at the GT28RS as an upgrade for my GTi-R. I am looking for 300-320bhp, VERY little lag and something that bolts right up to stock turbo elbow.

From what I have researched already it seems I need one with a T25 flange, 0.86 a/r housing, 53.8 turbine wheel.

Will this turbo bolt DIRECTLY up? Any minor mods that ned to be done? I don't want to piss around and modify a bunch of things just so it will fit. Are there any clearance issues with the rad, air con, etc?

Thanks guys

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
If looking for 300 - 320bhp, go for the Turbo Dynamics MD205 Ball bearing turbo with a .64 ar turbine housing and run 1.2 bar via a good electronic boost control, this set up will give you an easy 320 with no lag, from a standard engine.

Just make sure you get an uprated fuel pump sorted out and once all fitted get the fuelling checked by a good tuner (Ian @ Hiteq would be the best for this job).

Good luck and have fun

Steve

C

copper

stevepudney said:
If looking for 300 - 320bhp, go for the Turbo Dynamics MD205 Ball bearing turbo with a .64 ar turbine housing and run 1.2 bar via a good electronic boost control, this set up will give you an easy 320 with no lag, from a standard engine.

Just make sure you get an uprated fuel pump sorted out and once all fitted get the fuelling checked by a good tuner (Ian @ Hiteq would be the best for this job).

Good luck and have fun

Steve
where would I find the said turbo? I have checked turbo dynamics site and can't find the MD205 BB turbo. Thanks...

S

Stoned

I get 315bhp with the standard turbo @ 1.1bar, but he's got me with the no lag bit :)