Gt2871r

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Hi all,

Hope this is in the right place! :roll::)

Am looking at buying my mate's GT2871R that he's run on his R, but I don't want to give him too much or too little for it, I'm wondering if one of the turbo techies could give me an estimate on what it's 2nd hand value might be based on the following :

UK Supplied (ie not eBay, US etc)

0.86 A/R

Mileage covered : 3000 miles

Had a new roller bearing core due to swarf from engine rebuild getting in it!

Cheers,

donpulsar :-D

GINGA

Never spend much on a secondhand turbo its just not worth it, better off just getting a new one and having some warranty etc with it.

B

beast14

i'll go with ginga.........buy a new one.........why is he selling it anyways??

donpulsar

Basically he's returning the car to standard to sell and the turbo (+ gtir specific tubular manifold !) is surplus to requirements. Done the deal so we'll see what happens!

B

beast14

hope it's not a lemon..........but if it's still good.........you'll enjoy it tremendously......i've got one and haven't really maxed it yet but man it pulls!!!!!!

B

beast14

GT2871R Turbo
Greddy Emanage
Blitz DSBC Electronic Boost Controller
CP Forged Pistons 8.5:1
Cometic Metal Head Gasket 1.4mm
JVC Performance Plug Wires 9mm
Turbo XS Type-H BOV
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump (in tank)
Z32 MAF
MSD 730 cc Injectors
JGY Fuel Rail
K&N Air Filter
FMIC

I've had some boost leak probs. and now my clutch is fried, so I've not gotten a chance to fully use the tubby yet......i've prob. taken it to 18psi.......but i'd like to feel 23-25 psi!!!!

donpulsar

Could anyone out there tell me if I 'll need an external oil cooler for running the gt2871R ?

Cheers,

donpulsar :)

T

tro||

it wouldn't hurt to have one on any gtir, the standard set up cools the oil using the water that cools the engine, that will then get hotter, which will then reduce its abillity to actually cool anything.

oil gets hotter so does the water, water gets hotter so does the oil :doh:

not my idea of a particulary efficient set up