green relay by ecu?

Carlb

thanks my problem is went to start my car yesterday and it was missfireing and overfueling loads i looked at the safc and the afm was reading 100%where normaly it reads about 1.3% at idle i checked the wireing and the earth wire had broken of so i re earthed it then the car ran slightly better and the afm was reading about 1.3% again but it still wasnt right on looking at the afm i noticed it has been rewired to the ecu i have checked these wires and they look ok i then noticed they were bridged into the old wires i removed the old ones completely and it was still the same i then cut the one wire (orange one) that goes to the relay and now it seems to run fine so i am wondering what cutting this wire will do help please

Fusion Ed

I'll have a look on a diagram later and get back to you. Its rather difficult however if its been previously played with without seeing it. Can you get a pic(s)?

Carlb

thanks for your help i originaly did a fault code check and got 12 and 34 i have now checked it and got 11,12,21 and 34 so i have re connected the orange wire and it seems ok :? :? but all the codes were still present so i borrowed the ecu of my black r and ran the engine for about 5 mins there are now no fault codes present do you think it just hasnt picked up the faults yet as i havent done anything to solve the problem :?