steve963

here are some graphs from my emanage

AEM air fuel connected, scale is 10-20 air fuel ratio
injectors scale 0-100%
airflow meter scale 0-5V
throttle scale 0-100%

std boost

and at 1.2bar with std injectors and std airflow meter

as you can see it runs really rich at std boost, an at 1.2bar airflow meter maxed out and injectors are at 100%:shock:

what you guys recon?

Last edited:

steve963

adjusted the airflow signal mapa bit, so now fuelling is a bit better, Y axis is ARF ratio

The figures on the far right are where the dotted black line crosses the graph, ive also changed the scales a bit from the above graphs

not very smooth looking is it though!

havent got a DET sensor though so hope im not going too lean

Fusion Ed

You should change the scale on the AFR to be more meaningful say 10-20.

Anyway yes the cars do run rich when you push them past stock. I've always said that and have put up the maps showing this before. There are many quirks to the e-manage which is why youll never get it spot on. The easiest way to correct is not with the airflow map but by altering the injector sizes, and then re correcting in the fuel map, this can be a good time saver some times. Oh and map with the lambda sensor disconnected or you dont' stand a chance in ever getting it smooth as the ecu will be learning as you alter the fuel and so messing everything up as you go along.

steve963

see what you mean. the emanage is only set up to increase injector duty cycle vs air flow, but i need to decrease, so i can only decrease airflow signal vs throttle pos. to reduce duty cycle, then to map properly i want increase duty cycle vs airflow. confused myself now!!!!

Fusion Ed

Do you not have the injector harness then? Really you should also get the boost one too, But iirc the em blue cannot record boost and lambda at the same time. You really don't want to map anything to do with throttle position or you will never get a good map.

steve963

yeah i have all the harnesses,

your right cant do boost and lambda at same time :-(

so i make the emanage think my injectors are bigger so they run less, then adjust in the injector map vs airflow?

Fusion Ed

What you need to do really is make the correction with rpm vs airflow for airflow correction, but it can only do it against throttle position which is useless on a turbo. The other way to do this is to put a voltage clamp on the afm output to stop the ecu going into the very rich regions and then mapping manually. This works very well and allows decent control via the e-manage.

steve963

Micra Ed said:
What you need to do really is make the correction with rpm vs airflow for airflow correction, but it can only do it against throttle position which is useless on a turbo. The other way to do this is to put a voltage clamp on the afm output to stop the ecu going into the very rich regions and then mapping manually. This works very well and allows decent control via the e-manage.
any chance you can you explain a bit more, as still very new to this?