got bored so i striped!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

got really bored over the last couple of days so went mad and sriped the car of every thing that wasnt esential, its just a shell,im puting in perspex windows at the weekend,if the weather is good,ill post up the weight if i can find a weigh bridge near me.i can honestly say the differance is very noticable in accelaration. also had whiteline shock and springs fitted yesterday what a diferance,what seting have people got theres on? mine has been set to hardest and hard it is!!!

Moved to tuning - FAST GUY

:D My coilovers are set to maximum 'ard also, and it's a daily driver! On the way to work down the motorway i hit a section of road where the surfaces changes and has been laid badly. I swear i nearly take off, AND THIS HAPPENS EVERY DAY.
Can't be good for the car can it, using hard suspension all the time? My exhaust thumps the bumper over big bumps, and belive me the roads here in Manchester are so bad, it's like a rally stage. :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Shells can crack (on all cars) due to flexing overtime, if the suspension is too stiff and the shell isn't reinforced.

Gareth, did you ever weigh your car?

A

Anonymous

yes i did mate it weighed 1119kg,take into accoount i was sat in it at 89kg total weight of 1030kg, with 1/4 is of petrol, and you really noticed it!!!!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
1030kg :shock: that's not bad. I need to loose 190kg then. :?
Carbon bonnet's on the way, air con will be departing shortly, front seats can be changed easy enough. So the first 50-60kg is easy enough, but I don't know if I want to go to the extreme limits like some tho.

M

Mart

gareth said:
got really bored over the last couple of days so went mad and sriped the car of every thing that wasnt esential, its just a shell
:shock: :shock:
As you do!

A

Anonymous

Fast Guy said:
Shells can crack (on all cars) due to flexing overtime, if the suspension is too stiff and the shell isn't reinforced.

Gareth, did you ever weigh your car?
My chassis cracked cause of overly hard suspension