Got a BAD Missfire help needed

D

damien4uuk

Ok when ideling it purrs and even when you rev it, it sounds sweet. But when pulling away as soon as you put your foot on the gas bang bang pop pop cough cough dead engine stalls. Its really doing me head in. any ideas as what it could be? ive got new plugs leads coil dizzy and rotorarm and fuel pump and filter. so im kinda stuck please help :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Broken wire somewhere? The engine could be moving on it's mount as you pull away and breaking the circuit :?

D

damien4uuk

intresting thought, I will take a look. any ideas on what wires i should be looking for? :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I had a similar problem on my previous car. In the end when it twigged that it might be a wiring problem I just grabbed hold of the engine loom at various points and tried moving it until something happened. Turns out on that car the wires into my crank sensor were broken and cutting the ignition intermittently.

It might be easier is you get it to a rolling road that can monitor ignition and fuel signals while running, then hopefully they'll see where the problem is :)

D

damien4uuk

Ok just had a look at my old turbo, And it turns out that its been eating at the compresser wheel, So i guess my problem is metal in my lump :x What would the next step be and is it gonna cost mega bucks? :cry:

D

damien4uuk

Problem solved. :lol: Heres a handy tip if you think you have got metal on the pistons, remove one plug and start the engine for a few seconds if there is any bits in there they will soon shoot out of the plug hole. "that tip saved me loads of money" :D