Good Spec R wanted...

angry_boy

Hi all,
After a few years of not owning an 'R I'm seriously considering rejoining the brigade. :thumbsup:

I've owned a couple in the past, and has to be said with a fair amount of issues between them!! From gearboxes to electrical mishaps!!:doh: When they were healthy they are an awesome little rocket.

I owned an Evo 6 RS for a while without any problems and I'm a bit cautious about getting involved with an abused 'R so would be looking for a decent spec and well looked after car. Colour and usual rust spots not much of an issue just want a solid reliable motor.

I have cash waiting for serious candidates so if you can help out PM or tx/ring on 07878786605.

Cheers guys,
Sam

warringtonjack

When you say 'decent spec', what exactly are you looking for? Forged engine? Quaife box? Big turbo?

Might be better to let people know what sort of budget you're looking at. ;)

You can have mine for 8k. :thumbsup:

angry_boy

Budget around 3-4k. Would Idealy like at least brakes, coilovers, exhaust induction etc and engine mods possibly forged, uprated tubby. Something along those lines I suppose.:-D

8k is a bit out of my league, looks a great spec tho. Think my budget would barely cover the quaife!!:shock:

P

pulsarboby

what about olliecast's car?
before he strips it, thats a bl00dy good car

angry_boy

Hi,
I did have a browse at olliecasts R and it is indeed a very well sorted motor. Read through his build pages too and there is alot of time invested into the R&D aswell as the build.
The only problem is that its more geared towards hillclimb/sprints with the ra box etc which could be an issue for longer journeys.

johnsy

Hi,
I did have a browse at olliecasts R and it is indeed a very well sorted motor. Read through his build pages too and there is alot of time invested into the R&D aswell as the build.
The only problem is that its more geared towards hillclimb/sprints with the ra box etc which could be an issue for longer journeys.

So buy it and change the gearbox:doh:, im sure it'll sell pretty quickly there not many short ratio boxes out there,

P

pulsarboby

yes that box will sell for 450 and cage is worth 500, interior rear seats and trim you can pick up for next to nothing!
that way youll have an even cheaper good car

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Ollie still has his interior trim, it was a requirement of the class he was racing in.

ollydj

Hi mate, im thinking on selling if i can get the money im looking for. I think it would be in your budget and the mods are quite sensible. Check out my thread in members R. bottom of page 2 ollys grey R getting the bug. If ur interested i can pm you a full list of details and my number etc etc