Golf GTI , Mk V.. can a GTIR play with them

cmng

I wondering
since many Golf GTi Turbo and R32 MK V nowday around my area
and mostly have Stage 1 or stage 2 mod

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I raced a standard (I assume) Golf R32 up the strip and he only did a 14.5 that was his fastest run that day, so I'd say probably. It realy depends how much power they have as I'd guess stage2 would be pretty powerful.

EVOBAD

golf gti turbo is pants r32 golf is not much better ,golf are ok to drive but none are in the same class as pulsar even if they hav those mods they dont come nearso i woudnt worry mate

John

Any standrad mkv golf is nowhere near the level of a Pulsar in terms of performance, even tuned ones would have a job keeping up with a slightly modded Pulsar.

I would be more worried about racing a mk2 Golf with a engine transplant, eg a R32 engine or 1.8T engine, low weight and good power equals lots of speed!

C

Coffey

Mate my uncle used to have a GTI and I would say it wouldnt have stood a chance against my pulsar I know that for sure and I have a mate that test drove an R32 and hated it saying it felt really sluggish they dont have alot of BHP either so the pulsar would hammer it I would say.

N

nellypayton

i had a race on the M56 a gren one (mk v) tried to overtake me i only droped it to 4th and absolutley leathered it, then i let him play catch up, and when he did i just did the same again was quite :whoo:funny as it was a young lad trying to look cool with his mates lol

EVOBAD

golf gti is the same leauge as xr2,xr3i etc going back 15years ago i owned mk2 uno turbo & mate of mine had vr6 golf in a straight line the golf was left behind,where do these threads come from the only cars id race are ferraris etc

youngsyp

Stock GTI's weigh just over 1300 kgs and have around 197 bhp/210 lbs/ft of torque over here. A stage 1 would typically have a Revo remap taking it up to around 260 bhp and probably 280 lb's/ft of torque. I think a stage 2 car would put out around 300 bhp and similar torque.

The Mk5 R32 weighs in at around 1500 kgs and puts out 247 bhp and similar torque. As it's N/A even a stage 2 would still be running quite a bit less than 300 bhp. With the extra weight, it would have no chance against a GTiR at around 1 bar peak boost.

Paul

N

nellypayton

yeah but you dont see many ferraris about so you have to improvise

cmng

Emm thank for the info
if there any GTI owner bragging around can ask them for a show

but they have the right to brag around
the car is worth RM250k at my country = 40k Pound

cmng

gunmetalgtir said:
Which part of Malaysia are you from?

I used to live in Singapore so I've been there countless amounts of time! :D

I based at KL

Singapore ? only 2 GTiR at SG

Wow.. 70k.. that is super high
Blame it on the stupid tax structure

EVOBAD

i thought us in the uk were getting robed i woudnt pay 15k for r32 let alone 70k ,for 70k id be able to buy a garage full of cars