gizzmo chip

chrism

Is there anyone out there who knows if you can inadvertantly reset a gizzmo chip by leaving it disconnected from the battery for a longer period of time?,ie. 2 or 3 weeks.

Im having trouble after changing turbo,just 360 bearing upgrade.
At first I was having trouble when I put my foot down,it would go into limp mode immediately.The plugs were and still are white.Ive checked fuel press,pump,MAF,and lambda(jurys still out there),Ive even had my injectors cleaned.After each remedy there was no change until yesterday when I got my injectors back.It drove perfectly,both off-boost and under load.I floored it and no limp-mode,no nothing just VROOM! Then after 20 mins or so I pulled away from traffic lights slowly and it went into limp-mode.Ive done numerous code checks and its always 5&5.
If I start the car during the check and rev it up to 2500 revs it flashes but its impossible to count the flashes.

Anyone know if its possible to reset ecu in this way?
Anyone know if timing can just change?(during turbo change I removed ac,pulley etc)
Anyone know what the heck I should do?

Fusion Ed

Did you make any changes to the exhaust at all? If its not already disconnected try unplugging the cat temp sensor plug located under the drivers seat. As strange as that sounds I have had these casue limp conditions and show now ecu faults. Removing the battery would not clear a rom.

chrism

I cut it off when I had to remove de-cat.
Should I remove connector? or is it okay just to snip?

Strange that its been okay until I changed tubby.
The only thing I did to exhaust was to port the turbo elbow a bit with my dremel.

Fusion Ed

Try unplugging it anyway. Then you can be sure. I know it sounds odd but I had this recently and was pulling my hair out as the ecu was going limp home only sometimes and no fault codes. It may very well not be what you have but at least you can iron it out.

chrism

Ive now unplugged the temp sensor and still the same.I changed the o2 sensor as well.Nowe Im getting an extremely rich setting after the car goes into limp mode.At least its not the opposite.

My dissie cap is not looking good either.The contacts on the inside are "fouled".They´ve got deposits on them.Im gonna change it tomorrow.This will be causing weak ignition eh? Someone,anyone..confirm for me please.
That could be putting me into limp mode as its not gonna be firing as it should be!?

Feel free to give yuor 2pence worth.