gimicky octane booster cat!?!?!?!?

C

chris-b

just picked up new jap performance mag, and in adverts @ back, theres a product called octane booster.
it reads:
" simply fit into your fuel line (anywhere)pill up with normal 95 octane (do ont adjust anything) and get the benefits of 99 octane fuel.
tranforms 95-99 ron! last for 100k. money back if not satisifed after 5k miles!!!
for turbs/NA"

thats probably one of the most stupidist things ive seen for sale!
oh hang on........ on the next page theres seeds for money trees!
goto
www.formulapower.co.uk
ave a look! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

antgtir

Quality, they will try anythin on us lol.

So where can you get hold of this ..............only kiddin :lol: :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's like all those little adverts that claim miracles. If they were so good why doesn't every manufacturer fit them? :wink:

J

J-GTi-R

Bizzarely I know a couple of people that swear by those things, reckon they do make a difference to the performance. Either it's witchcraft, or they've been sniffing petrol again...

I personally wouldn't put one of those within 50 feet of my car.

celm

go down to your local hardware store and pick up xylene.
i did 12 gallons of 93 octone(95ron) and 2 gallons of xylene and 6 oz of marvel mystery oil for lubrication.
http://www.easyperformance.com/Octane_Booster_Wizard_Frameset.htm

with this mix it brought up my 93 octane to 96.4 octane.
since i did it,it revs much smoother and faster,pulls much harder.idels better.more sensative throttle.all i can say since i did this it became ALIVE!!!!!

geetee

It's a lot simpler in the UK to pull in to ur local Shell garage and fill up with Optimax.

Xylene is evil carcinogenic through the skin nastiness.

But hey..... why let that worry you... and oh it don;t bother wearing latex gloves to handle it.... they don;t help :?

CHeers
GeeTee

celm

geetee said:
It's a lot simpler in the UK to pull in to ur local Shell garage and fill up with Optimax.

Xylene is evil carcinogenic through the skin nastiness.

But hey..... why let that worry you... and oh it don;t bother wearing latex gloves to handle it.... they don;t help :?

CHeers
GeeTee
carcinogenic um, go faster um.i take go faster!!!!

MarkTurbo

:shock: :shock: :shock: If you can afford a skyline surely you can afford to run it on optimax :lol:

Maybe he's just tight as f**k :wink:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Don't these things use circular magnets to "polarize" the molecules?

I'm sure these things have been out for years though I've never heard anyone say it will increase the RON of petrol

PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

wes, a guy i work with mentioned to me a while ago that a someone on the mlr forum is using one. i' ll ask him to find out if he' s still using it :wink: